Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:42 PM   #1
TSE
macrumors 68030

Ramen Appreciation Thread

I love Ramen. Although it has little to no nutritional value, it's filling and tastes good, and you can throw in some veggies and chicken for a solid meal.

What's your guy's favorite brand? Type? Flavor? How often do you eat? Repulsed by people who eat Ramen all day every day? Discuss!

Gotta say my favorite is the good ole' basic Maruchan Roast Chicken (although Beef and Pork flavor are still pretty good), block ramen... love boiling some water and having a filling meal in 10 minutes.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:03 PM   #2
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

I'm guessing you mean instant ramen? Not a big fan, although the real deal is sublime.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:05 PM   #3
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Sodium overdose
dukebound85 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:50 PM   #4
eternlgladiator
macrumors 68000

once in a great while they're not bad. I usually go for the oriental flavor. I've actually experimented with just making my own version of the seasoning to avoid all the MSG and crap. I've gotten close once otherwise its strange.

Either way, at 4 or 5 for $1 it's not a bad thing to have in the cabinet for a rainy day.
eternlgladiator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:00 PM   #5
triptolemus
macrumors regular

Have an ex g/f who would put miracle whip in it. No joke.
triptolemus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:49 PM   #6
Tomorrow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
I'm guessing you mean instant ramen? Not a big fan, although the real deal is sublime.
I haven't had the instant stuff since I was probably 13. Yes, I went through college without tasting a single bite of the stuff. It's absolutely vile, especially if you read the ingredients.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion