Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Going to purchase and new iPad and was wondering if I should go with the Mini or the 4th gen with retina?

I'm leaning towards the full size 4th gen with retina. :)

What U think?

Duwsh

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2012
Many many times I have seen this thread and I only just recently joined.

I was debating between iPad 3 and Mini and picked Mini, the size and weight does it for me... the 4 is too heavy and bulky... I have been waiting for the mini for a while now and my prayers have been answered!

doctorxring

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2006

I purchased an iPad1 on launch day. An iPad3 on launch day.

I've used these tablets every day since I first bought them.

All the while waiting for Apple to bring the Mini to the table.

The Mini has made the first two obsolete (for me).

dxr

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Mini

I bought the iPad 1 on the first day and have used it daily since. I've been able to get by with my MBP and iPhones. Now, I happily have a Mini and it's great.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
before you touch the mini, iPad 4 is the most value because it has current modern specs for a tablet, but once you touch the mini, you would want to sacrifice all the high specs for the ultra portability of the mini.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
i seriously do not think that people in here should choose for you.

you should go to the store and try out both then decide. Because for me, Ipad mini is apple losing its innovation and following the market instead of leading it. The form factor is funny and the screen is a joke.

Still, many think the opposite, said it is the best device since....... i dont know.

You should just trust yourself.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Just get a mini. I use it way more than any iPad I have ever owned. It's so portable and easy to carry.

They really found the best form factor for iPad. I cannot wait till the iPad mini 2 comes out.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
i seriously do not think that people in here should choose for you.

you should go to the store and try out both then decide.....

You should just trust yourself.

Exactly....its a personal choice, you need to test both and see which will fit in with your lifestyle best.

Nobody on here can make the decision for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.