Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:52 PM   #1
ferrarofilms
macrumors member

Adware

Today I detected adware appearing on my websites, after some research, chatting with my web server and checking out other machines it came out that somehow I was invaded by adware that appears on some keywords searching on the internet, wether on my sites or any other.
This is the first time in 4 years since I switched to Mac that this happened.
How can I get rid of this?
ferrarofilms is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:56 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Install one or more ad blockers. I run several: ClickToFlash, Safari AdBlock, GlimmerBlocker and JavaScript Blocker are just a few.

If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:21 PM   #3
ferrarofilms
macrumors member

Worked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Install one or more ad blockers. I run several: ClickToFlash, Safari AdBlock, GlimmerBlocker and JavaScript Blocker are just a few.

If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?
Thanks, it already worked out
ferrarofilms is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Tags
adware, virus scanner