Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
I'm just curious,

Why don't the new 13" and 15" retina MacBook Pros say "MacBook Pro" on the bottom on the screen bezel like every other MacBook dating back has had? There seems to be enough space for the lettering, I wonder why Apple chose to pull the branding. I know it's minuscule, however, it just bothers me because I'm use to seeing it there and it looks strange without it. Anyone agree?

apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-retina-display-preview-7.jpg

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Nope. It is not needed for any functions and therefore not in keeping with minimalist design.

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
interesting, I just noticed that.... my last 17" MBP did say it. I guess they decided to get rid of any clutter.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Maybe it is to differentiate the two units or possibly because the classic MBPs still use 2 panels of glass, while the rMBP uses 1? Despite whatever the reason, I personally like it clean without the title. I can easily determine who else has a rMBP around me and it won't distract me.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
probably because they would need to write "macbook pro with retina display"..and that wouldn't look very minimalist

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
I'm just curious,

Why don't the new 13" and 15" retina MacBook Pros say "MacBook Pro" on the bottom on the screen bezel like every other MacBook dating back has had? There seems to be enough space for the lettering, I wonder why Apple chose to pull the branding. I know it's minuscule, however, it just bothers me because I'm use to seeing it there and it looks strange without it. Anyone agree?

I love it's not there. Logos everywhere sucks. The product speaks for itself. I don't need text off the screen. The logo on the back is such a powerful statement

mrbigglessworth

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Are you one of those guys a year ago upset the the iPhone 4s looked like the 4 and wouldnt give others visual queues that you had the latest hardware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.