Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
That looks cool, I think I would try it on a replacement back panel to confirm settings etc first... you know, so you don't accidentally burn through the phone.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I find it ridiculous that this gets so much good initial feedback while the option to reanodize your phone through Anostyle is met with so much disgust. That being said this is cool! Just needs cleaner cuts around the iPhone name and the little blurbs on the back.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Looks pretty cool to me but cleaner cuts around the wording/logo would be better. Good luck reselling one with like a family picture engraved lol.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I agree that look awesome.

I dont think id leave the writing visible as the boxes around it look not so good.

also agree with the cons of reselling value, very permanent or can you engrave over it again, and what would apples take on warranty be ?

Still tho , awesome.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
I almost bought that laser etching machine. But it was over $10k and I was short on cash.

They did send me a nice catalog and some samples.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
That looks pretty great. Resale shouldn't be as hard as it would be if it were truly personal. It's a scenic photo that many can enjoy.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Process: OK

Artistic Design: D.

I mean I've seen on this site, stickers that make the logo as part of the picture, here the guy just left holes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.