Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:36 PM   #1
jfauburn7
macrumors newbie

iPhone SMS textfile

Hey I have an iPhone 4 and lets just say it isn't gunna make it to much longer. Before I get a new one though I was wondering if there was a way to download a text file or something with all my pasted texts. Is there a way to do this? Everything I have found is trying to recover lost or deleted texts. I still have them and I can click load messages till a while ago (I know this takes up memory). Thank so much for you ever can help. Anything is appreciated.
jfauburn7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:39 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

When you get a new iphone you can plug it to your itunes and restore from backup.
That will put all the texts and everything else that was on your old iphone to your new one.
Just make sure you sync your old iphone right now or asap before it dies if you dont have any backups of it on your itunes library.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfauburn7 View Post
Hey I have an iPhone 4 and lets just say it isn't gunna make it to much longer. Before I get a new one though I was wondering if there was a way to download a text file or something with all my pasted texts. Is there a way to do this? Everything I have found is trying to recover lost or deleted texts. I still have them and I can click load messages till a while ago (I know this takes up memory). Thank so much for you ever can help. Anything is appreciated.
Try a product called 'PhoneView' if you have a Mac. It allows you to download all your texts to your computer and save them as regular files.
I also know there are similar products available for PC's, but can't tell you which are best.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone