Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 21, 2005, 01:45 AM   #1
Cloud9
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Cloud9
Why does pb wake up with a hiccup?

Ok, I am sure there is nothing wrong with operation of my 1.33 pb or tiger, but I was just curious. Why when I wake my computer after a half a second or so after waking it up mouse function ceases for just a moment then operation is normal. Its like its rubbing its eyes after waking up or something. Does anyone know why this is? Does it halt to quickly load ram or something?

Also, my usb ports dont function perfectly. they seem to accept a perreferial like a mouse or soundcard, and then after a half hour, or some other arbrtrary time then ignore the item. I just have to replug it in to get it to work, but I was wondering why this was and if something is wrong with it.

Thanks
Cloud9 is offline   0
Old Sep 21, 2005, 08:46 PM   #2
LimeiBook86
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to LimeiBook86 Send a message via MSN to LimeiBook86 Send a message via Yahoo to LimeiBook86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9
Ok, I am sure there is nothing wrong with operation of my 1.33 pb or tiger, but I was just curious. Why when I wake my computer after a half a second or so after waking it up mouse function ceases for just a moment then operation is normal. Its like its rubbing its eyes after waking up or something. Does anyone know why this is? Does it halt to quickly load ram or something?

Also, my usb ports dont function perfectly. they seem to accept a perreferial like a mouse or soundcard, and then after a half hour, or some other arbrtrary time then ignore the item. I just have to replug it in to get it to work, but I was wondering why this was and if something is wrong with it.

Thanks
I've noticed my 12" PowerBook G4 867mhz be a bit slow when it wakes up but nothing like your describing. I'd say take it to Apple or call them up and explain what's happening. This shouldn't normally happen, at least as far as I know. Good luck!

LimeiBook86 is offline   0
Old Sep 21, 2005, 08:55 PM   #3
TheMonarch
macrumors 65816

It happens to me too. Don't worry. Its less than 5 seconds (maybe 2-3)... Just remember how quick windoze is with its 'hibernation'

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers