Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDH3BLK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
Been trying to sell my early '08 MacBook Pro and '08 white macbook to upgrade, but getting no luck...
Here's the specs:

MacBook Pro
Processor - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory - 2 GB 66 MHz DR2 SDRAM
Graphics - NVIDA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB
Software - OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
Hard Drive - 200GB

white MacBook:
Processor - 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory - 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics - Intel GMA x31100
Software - 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
Hard drive - 120 GB

I guess my first problem is I have no clue how much they are worth!? Soo I have them list together for $1000 and looking for a best offer which I can see it getting low.. The MBP comes with adobe design suite, apple wireless mouse, travel case, power cord, and a new battery. Runs great! And never had a problem with it! It just can't handle my gopro hero 3 black edition.

Anyone have any tips to where I can get this sold and how I can price it just right? Not assuming to get a lot for these but at least something for a good down payment for a new iMac! Your help and advice is greatly appreciated!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I would say....

$500 tops for the MacBook Pro and $275 tops for the white MacBook, and please dont take any offense, with reserves.

Can go up based in no cosmetic/functional issues and good care of the machines. Dont forgot to factor in shipping costs/fees, if selling through an online site

:):apple:

SDH3BLK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
No offense taken! That's what I needed to hear! Thank you guys for the advice! I appreciate it!

phantax

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
You might have a hard time unloading that 8600M to anyone unless they don't know any better.

I ended up recently giving my 2008 MBP to a friend recently as I couldn't sell it in good conscience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.