Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chim46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Netherlands
Hallo Apple fans,

First i would like to say hallo to all of Apple fans. I visit macrumors daily and find it one of the best Apple sites there is.

For my question:
I have a slingbox abroad witch is connected to a cabel decoder in israel. hier in the NL i have a apple tv2.
Can i watch the content direct on my tv (with the help of the apple tv) or its just dont work?
until now i can only watch the slingbox solo on my computer,but it would be better if i can watch it on my tv.

Please help.

Chim :)

MrCeee

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Hallo Apple fans,

First i would like to say hallo to all of Apple fans. I visit macrumors daily and find it one of the best Apple sites there is.

For my question:
I have a slingbox abroad witch is connected to a cabel decoder in israel. hier in the NL i have a apple tv2.
Can i watch the content direct on my tv (with the help of the apple tv) or its just dont work?
until now i can only watch the slingbox solo on my computer,but it would be better if i can watch it on my tv.

Please help.

Chim :)

A standard ATV2 wont connect directly but there are a few ways that you may be able to get the stream:
- If you have an iphone/ios device use the Sling player app and air play
- If you have a mac that can air play, then stream to the mac and air play to the ATV

Last edited:

Chim46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Netherlands
A standard ATV2 wont connect directly but there are a few ways that you may be able to get the stream:
- If you have an iphone/ios device use the Sling player app and air play
- If you have a mac that can air play, then stream to the mac and air play to the ATV

And if its a apple tv with a jailbreak?

MrCeee

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
And if its a apple tv with a jailbreak?

You can install XBMC and I know that XBMC does support this when running under Windows. However I don't think it works when running on an Apple TV. You would have to have a look around the XBMC forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.