Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1
jmnem21
macrumors newbie

Keynote cropping presentation on secondary screen

I have produced a keynote to be displayed in our hallway at our school. I have set the resolution on the KN Presentation to be 720 x 1280 because the secondary screen that shows the presentation is a native: 720p 51" Samsung.

On my computer the presentation fills the entire screen. Once I open it up on the hall computer, and then play it on the Samsung screen, I get the cropped black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I have the resolution set at 720p. It is cropping a 16:9 presentation. The bars are not the black bars you get with a 4:3 presentation on a 16:9 screen. In short, a 16:9 screen is cropping a 16:9 presentation.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?
jmnem21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:55 PM   #2
jmnem21
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnem21 View Post
I have produced a keynote to be displayed in our hallway at our school. I have set the resolution on the KN Presentation to be 720 x 1280 because the secondary screen that shows the presentation is a native: 720p 51" Samsung.

On my computer the presentation fills the entire screen. Once I open it up on the hall computer, and then play it on the Samsung screen, I get the cropped black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I have the resolution set at 720p. It is cropping a 16:9 presentation. The bars are not the black bars you get with a 4:3 presentation on a 16:9 screen. In short, a 16:9 screen is cropping a 16:9 presentation.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?
Still looking to see if anyone has any answers to this...
jmnem21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store