Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmnem21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have produced a keynote to be displayed in our hallway at our school. I have set the resolution on the KN Presentation to be 720 x 1280 because the secondary screen that shows the presentation is a native: 720p 51" Samsung.

On my computer the presentation fills the entire screen. Once I open it up on the hall computer, and then play it on the Samsung screen, I get the cropped black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I have the resolution set at 720p. It is cropping a 16:9 presentation. The bars are not the black bars you get with a 4:3 presentation on a 16:9 screen. In short, a 16:9 screen is cropping a 16:9 presentation.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

jmnem21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have produced a keynote to be displayed in our hallway at our school. I have set the resolution on the KN Presentation to be 720 x 1280 because the secondary screen that shows the presentation is a native: 720p 51" Samsung.

On my computer the presentation fills the entire screen. Once I open it up on the hall computer, and then play it on the Samsung screen, I get the cropped black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I have the resolution set at 720p. It is cropping a 16:9 presentation. The bars are not the black bars you get with a 4:3 presentation on a 16:9 screen. In short, a 16:9 screen is cropping a 16:9 presentation.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Still looking to see if anyone has any answers to this...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.