Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble accessing the above website. I used to use his ATV1 images all the time, saw on here he posted the site was back up but still not able to access it. Any information would be appreciated, looking to see if there is a new image for XBMC 12. Or if their is one in the works.

Thanks,

Chris

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Many apologies to all. Yes, I still have them, back in search of another server for my site (don't want to get into all of the issues I have had).

For now here are links to the images via dropbox:

AtvCloner Application ( OS X only):

AtvCloner 2.0 (Snow Leopard and newer, Linux / XBMC capable) : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29510955/AtvCloner_2_0.zip

AtvCloner (Leopard only OSX 10.5, re-image stock atv 1 os only onto another drive of any size): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29510955/AtvCloner_Leopard.zip

AtvCloner Linux/XBMC Images:

Modified Recovery Image to be used with the Linux/XBMC image approx. 217 MB: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29510955/AtvCloner_Linux_recovery.dmg.zip

AtvCloner Linux Image 26 (latest) approx 1.81 GB: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29510955/AtvCloner_Linux_26.img.gz

Hope this helps until I can find a new host etc. Anyone wanna donate one ;) ?

Any questions just ask but there are tutorials around the 'net.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

----------

looking to see if there is a new image for XBMC 12. Or if their is one in the works.
No, the links above are still for xbmc 11 . I have to suss out some alsa issues before compiling for xbmc 12 but am still planning on trying it when I have some time.

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Hope this helps until I can find a new host etc. Anyone wanna donate one ;) ?

What do you need to get your site up and running? I may be able to offer a temporary location till you are able to find a more permanent one.

Thanks,

Chris

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Any update on XBMC 12

Just wondering if you had any update on XBMC 12 image?

Thanks,

Chris

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Just wondering if you had any update on XBMC 12 image?

Thanks,

Chris

yep, I am working on it. compiling right now. having issues with libxrandrx but am working it as well as a new site.

That said once it works and is tested I will release the files here if you want.

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Got it, frodo build succeeded and even hdmi audio with ui sound effects (which previous did not have over hdmi).

Got a bunch of testing to do but looks like well on our way. Should have something this weekend. Will post here.

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for all your hard work

Dyna,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the new image.

Thanks,

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Do you need help testing?

Dyna,

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the image creation or testing.

Thanks,

Chris

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Well, I am hung up on xrandr. It builds fine without it and boots up etc on my tv but I 1. have no idea what the downside is to no xrandr. Thats really my only issue left that I know of.

Haven't had much time though as HB is going towards a code freeze so spare time has been spent on that. Hoping to have more time this weekend.

Anyone knows what the deal is with xbmc on linux building without xrandr feel free to speak up!

Here is what ./configure looks like for a working build:

./configure --with-jpeg8 --disable-bluetooth --disable-xrandr

Last edited:

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Hey, I got Frodo 12.1 running on the atv 1 (linux). If your interested I could use a test on it as I am compiling w/out xrandr and it works fine here on my two tv's but would like to get some feedback from others if interested.

New audio engine is nice and gives ui sounds over hdmi (which previously did not work).

Also defaults to the newer Quartz frodo skin 4.0.9 which is imo even better than the previous quartz.

I will get an upload going this afternoon and link to it here.

Last edited:

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
dynaflash,

I would love to do some testing. I looked at the xrandr but only briefly maybe this will be the kick in the pants I need to look at it deeper for you.

Thanks,

Chris

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Got your image installed so far so good, had a question though what is the login and password I should use for ssh. I wanted to install a pvr client and from what I've been reading in order to do this on ubuntu I need to do it through the git hub and not the xbmc pvr repository.

Thanks,

Chris

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Got your image installed so far so good, had a question though what is the login and password I should use for ssh. I wanted to install a pvr client and from what I've been reading in order to do this on ubuntu I need to do it through the git hub and not the xbmc pvr repository.

Thanks,

Chris

Login and psswd same as before.
atv
xbmc

chrismr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Just wanted to give you an update from my testing. So far everything looks great and seems to function. I haven't had any issues with the xrandr being disabled. At least not that I've noticed.

I am having a little trouble with getting pvr support working. I've noticed that there isn't the xbmc pvr client repository in the add ons. So I tried to ssh in and doing sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver and I get a message the the package can't be found?

Also wondering how you installed xbmc because I had thought that the pvr clients where included now with xbmc?

Again thanks for you help and work on the image.

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Just wanted to give you an update from my testing. So far everything looks great and seems to function. I haven't had any issues with the xrandr being disabled. At least not that I've noticed.
Great! I haven't either and I have done 3 other installs on various tv's and haven't had any issues.
I am having a little trouble with getting pvr support working. I've noticed that there isn't the xbmc pvr client repository in the add ons. So I tried to ssh in and doing sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver and I get a message the the package can't be found?

Also wondering how you installed xbmc because I had thought that the pvr clients where included now with xbmc?
It probably wouldn't since pre eden xbmc dropped support in their ppa for hardy. This is why I compile xbmc directly on an atv 1 since these images have a full build environment on them. I can check and see what the dealio is with pvr as frankly I have not kept up on it at all. Not even sure it would work on an atv 1 and if so what I have to do to compile it in. Hmm, wait while I look at the config log from the compile, I realize they are not compiled in by default

Code:
PVR add-ons:		No

Again thanks for you help and work on the image.

NP, I will get back to you on pvr support after I check with some xbmc folks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.