Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 14, 2013, 04:34 PM   #1
MontyC
macrumors member

Help with securing remote Time Capsule access

Hi. I have a Time Capsule with a USB disk at home which I would like to access while in the road. Back to my Mac doesn't seem to work reliably for me. I have set things up this way but I am concerned if my network is secure.

Time Capsule set up behind a modem router. The router has DHSP enabled and the TM is set up as Bridge. Router has DMZ set up to the IP address of the TM. TM disk is set up to share disk secured with device password. I can now hit the router IP address remotely from Go server in finder and log to the TM with disk password. The disk mounts and I can access it.

But, my concern is vulnerability of TM to being accessed by others. I read that the TM has built in firewall but is that active if it is set up in bridge mode?

Any help is appreciated.
MontyC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking