Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:56 PM   #1
raptorstv
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Ever since I got my ipad mini, i dont use my iphone 5 as much

Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
raptorstv is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
I dont have that problem, I have an ipad 3
Applejuiced is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:12 PM   #3
pnoyblazed
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rockland/Manhattan
you can return the mini, and continue to use your iPhone 5. Problem solved.
pnoyblazed is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:48 PM   #4
iphoneIA
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa
Just an idea.
You could send me one of them. That way you only have the other to use.
__________________
Verizon Iphone 16gb; Ipod Touch 4th Gen.
iphoneIA is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
What's really crazy is that people have used phones like that for years...
Interstella5555 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:59 PM   #6
Jordan921
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
First world problems. This just sucks.
Jordan921 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:00 PM   #7
AFDoc
In Time-Out
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs USA for now
Are these really the things people think about? How, because of their iPad mini they don't use their i5 as much? Really? Is it really a big deal? If so please explain because I can't understand why it matters how much you use your i5 or mini.
AFDoc is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:01 PM   #8
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Are these really the things people think about? How, because of their iPad mini they don't use their i5 as much? Really? Is it really a big deal? If so please explain because I can't understand why it matters how much you use your i5 or mini.
Its a huge problem because now the iphone 5 is jealous
Applejuiced is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Cebuano1976
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Verrado, Buckeye, Arizona
Samsung SIII is calling.
Cebuano1976 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:15 PM   #10
mattroman246
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upstate NY
because your iPad mini is your new toy and you're just excited about it..
__________________
13" Macbook Pro, 2.3 GHZ i5, 16 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
16 GB Space Grey iPhone 5s
32 GB iPad 4 WiFi
Game Center ID: matthewdanger
mattroman246 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Megalobyte
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Kind of silly to criticize a phone though for not having a tablet-size screen. But I get your point.

Funny, starting with the 4, I found myself using my computers much less, and I now do 90% of my Internet on my ip5. I do have work related stuff I need an actual laptop for, but for browsing, email, photos, music etc. the phone does it all in the palm of my hand.

I'm ok with the 4", I wouldn't be against a bigger screen within reason. 4.3-4.5" would be nice. But I'm selfish, I have huge hands and could still use the phone 1 handed.
Megalobyte is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:57 PM   #12
ercsliberty
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
ipad mini has just hit the spot as far as size
ercsliberty is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:09 PM   #13
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
Yup same thing for me.
duneriderltr450 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:35 PM   #14
gmanist1000
macrumors 68020
 
gmanist1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
I usually use my iPhone 5 simply because it's so much faster than the Mini. I'll use the Mini when I just want to sit back and relax. When I need things done, I use the iPhone 5.
gmanist1000 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:42 PM   #15
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a
 
SnowLeopard OSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
Kind of. Although, I still use my iPhone a great deal. I don't bring my iPad absolutely everywhere with me. Like when I'm out with friends at bars, restaurants, movies, festivals, or nights out in the city, I'll obviously leave my iPad at home. It's times like these when ill use my iPhone. But when I'm at school or on the train, or even traveling, it's most likely the iPad I'm using. Laptop and desktop is used for heavy computing tasks when I'm at home, though.
__________________
iPad |4th gen Black/ 32GB/ iOS 7.0
iMac |G4 1.0 GHz/ 1.25 GHz PPCG4 (7445)
iPod |Classic Black/ 80GB|U2 edition 20GB
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:25 PM   #16
Prime85
macrumors 6502a
 
Prime85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard OSX View Post
Kind of. Although, I still use my iPhone a great deal. I don't bring my iPad absolutely everywhere with me. Like when I'm out with friends at bars, restaurants, movies, festivals, or nights out in the city, I'll obviously leave my iPad at home. It's times like these when ill use my iPhone. But when I'm at school or on the train, or even traveling, it's most likely the iPad I'm using. Laptop and desktop is used for heavy computing tasks when I'm at home, though.
Sounds about right, I would do the same if I got a tablet but I would probably go with the full sized ipad instead of the mini. Everything has its place. You won't carry the mini in your pocket wherever you go unless you have those jynco pants from the 90's.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
That's what iPads are for. Smartphones were never and still aren't meant for hardcore web browsing. Even on phones like the S3 and note. Personally the normal ipad would be the perfect size for web browsing for me.
Prime85 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:28 PM   #17
CoMoMacUser
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
Smartphones were never and still aren't meant for hardcore web browsing.
Or even light browsing. That's why the whole idea of apps was created in the first place: because the browser experience on a phone sucks.
CoMoMacUser is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:44 PM   #18
Sedrick
macrumors 68030
 
Sedrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
This is exactly what I found after buying the iPad2 and exactly what Apple was hoping we would do (buy their larger product and stop bitching about how small the screen is on the iPhone).
__________________
iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5C, iPad 2
Sedrick is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:05 PM   #19
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Wait, you use your iPhone for calls now? ****ing weird!
__________________
Because I'm a smartass.
GoCubsGo is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:05 PM   #20
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Are these really the things people think about? How, because of their iPad mini they don't use their i5 as much? Really? Is it really a big deal? If so please explain because I can't understand why it matters how much you use your i5 or mini.
I don't even know the reason why people create threads like this, telling us about the difference in their usage of devices.
Beeplance is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:11 PM   #21
lulla01
macrumors 68000
 
lulla01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S
Send a message via AIM to lulla01
I use my mini at home and my iPhone 5 when I travel
lulla01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:12 PM   #22
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a
 
GeorgieAcevedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York City
Retuned my mini, hated that screen. I sorta miss it.
__________________
I do have an iPhone, iPad & MacBook. But why do I have to put it here? Why would you care?
GeorgieAcevedo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:29 PM   #23
raptorstv
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
if only iphone has a 4.5~4.8" screen.... i wont need my mini ipad at all...
raptorstv is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:12 PM   #24
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
if only iphone has a 4.5~4.8" screen.... i wont need my mini ipad at all...
You will be waiting at least 5 years, if ever.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:16 PM   #25
harcosparky
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
For this reason I may forego the iPhone this time around.

What a disappointment the iPhone 5 screen is, for me as well as others.

My iPhone 4 is due to be replaced. It is in Text/Internet/Email Only because of an ongoing problem with the mic. I don't know what I will do at this point.

I actually went to check out the Samsung Galazy SIII and next to it they had a Note II.

Now that is a screen I could live with.

If only Apple would make the iPad mini a tad smaller and put a cell phone in it!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
You will be waiting at least 5 years, if ever.
Apple will continue to see customers move on to something a little bigger if they don't do something sooner.

I'm not the only one not liking the tiny screen!

It was OK in the beginning when everyone else was pretty much the same size, but now there are more user friendly options out there.


.
__________________
Awwwwwww!
harcosparky is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Size Comparison of iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 5 and Upcoming iPad 5 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 287 Mar 19, 2014 07:28 PM
A7X-Based iPad and iPad Mini Expected to Launch in 4Q 2013, Lower-Cost A6 iPad Mini to Follow in 2014 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 178 Oct 11, 2013 07:52 AM
Low-Cost iPhone and iPad 5 to Ship in Early September with iPhone 5S Coming Later, No Retina iPad mini in 2013? MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 135 Jul 25, 2013 12:11 AM
How to carry and iPad Mini when you dont have a back-pack or laptop bag? jaybar iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 5 May 18, 2013 08:24 AM
iPad 5 Set for October Debut with Design Similar to iPad Mini? iPhone 5S and Lower-Cost iPhone Moving Forward MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 191 Feb 28, 2013 03:53 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC