Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:20 PM   #26
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

OP,
Were you only using your iPhone at home? If not, are you whipping out the iPad mini everywhere you go? If you only use the iPhone at home, what's the point? I'd get a cheap flip phone and save myself an enormous bill.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:11 PM   #27
yinz
macrumors 6502a

I think that's the point of the iPad... home surfing. If you didn't use it, it would make not sense to purchase it.
yinz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:14 AM   #28
raptorstv
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
For this reason I may forego the iPhone this time around.

What a disappointment the iPhone 5 screen is, for me as well as others.

My iPhone 4 is due to be replaced. It is in Text/Internet/Email Only because of an ongoing problem with the mic. I don't know what I will do at this point.

I actually went to check out the Samsung Galazy SIII and next to it they had a Note II.

Now that is a screen I could live with.

If only Apple would make the iPad mini a tad smaller and put a cell phone in it!

----------

Apple will continue to see customers move on to something a little bigger if they don't do something sooner.

I'm not the only one not liking the tiny screen!

It was OK in the beginning when everyone else was pretty much the same size, but now there are more user friendly options out there.

The iphone 5's width is awkwardly too small... It feels really weird when holding the phone
raptorstv is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:41 AM   #29
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
The iphone 5's width is awkwardly too small... It feels really weird when holding the phone
Quite frankly, I was surprised Apple went 4" on the iPhone 5, but was very disappointed they only went taller. That 2" wide screen is just painful to use. Taller don't help that.

I bought the iPad 2 when it came out with some company bonus money and use it a lot at home, but if I had to actually pay for it, I would never have invested that kind of money is such a limited device. I would have just bought a decent laptop and been way ahead.

And without an iPad, I would have never stayed with the tiny iPhone.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:42 PM   #30
eddyecb
macrumors regular

you clearly need to leave the house more
eddyecb is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:20 PM   #31
harcosparky
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedrick View Post

And without an iPad, I would have never stayed with the tiny iPhone.
That's probably Apple's plan... to get people to buy into both devices.

But that plan has failed here.

Why get an iPhone and an iPad mini when for half the cost one could get a Note II from Samsung?

iPad Mini = $329
Iphone 5 = $199
Total = $528

Samsung Note 2 = $175 to $299 ( depending on sales )

Now I know the Samsung 2 is NOT an iPhone 5, but then again the iPhone 5 does not have a very useable screen size.

Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:49 PM   #32
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Why get an iPhone and an iPad mini when for half the cost one could get a Note II from Samsung?

iPad Mini = $329
Iphone 5 = $199
Total = $528

Now I know the Samsung 2 is NOT an iPhone 5, but then again the iPhone 5 does not have a very useable screen size.

Again, This screen size issue is subjective. Just because you like a bigger screen doesnt mean everyone will.

Why dont you just wait for the note 3 it is rumored to have a 6.3" screen
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:52 PM   #33
Megalobyte
macrumors 6502a

Yes, the iPhone 5 screen is absolutely unusable, which is why only 7 of them have sold so far.
Megalobyte is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:33 PM   #34
raptorstv
Banned

Quote:

iPad Mini = $329
Iphone 5 = $199
Total = $528

Not quite... With a bigger iphone, i will get the more expensive retina display ipad instead
raptorstv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:35 PM   #35
TedM
macrumors 6502

I want an ipad mini sized iphone :/
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:38 PM   #36
AbhiKap55
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
Coz of such a small screen on the iphone 5, it's really a pain to use. Now that I got myself an ipad mini, i noticed that i rarely ever used my iphone anymore, other than for text msging and calling... Does anybody experience the same thing?
I experienced that too before when I got my iPad I hardly used my iPod Touch. But now, I got the new iPod Touch 5G and I find my self using both my iPad and my iPod Touch as well as my Mac!

Last edited by dejo; Dec 13, 2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Removed simulated signature.
AbhiKap55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:30 PM   #37
harcosparky
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
Again, This screen size issue is subjective. Just because you like a bigger screen doesnt mean everyone will.
I agree screen size is subjective..

Just because you like the smaller screen doesn't mean everyone will.

However Apple has decided, wrongfully I might add, that " One Size Fits All ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
Why dont you just wait for the note 3 it is rumored to have a 6.3" screen
I buy based on need and not rumors. When I have the need, I look at what is available NOW that satisfies the need and make the purchase. Even the screen on the Galaxy SIII is better than the iPhone 5, in my opinion.

I've always had an iPhone from the beginning up to now, because there wasn't any viable alternatives for me. Now there are, I have several options to choose from, and Apple it seems does not want to be one of those choices.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:22 PM   #38
TaylorMatsu
macrumors member

Honestly I still use my iP5 more. At home I Use my MBP and on the go its my phone. The only times when I really use my iPad Mini is when I go to a friends house and I dont want to lug around my laptop.

I definitely like the Mini but its not going to make me use my phone drastically less

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone