Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deprecation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Has anyone tried this case out? I've looked for reviews on google, however I have not seen any for this particular model.

http://www.iphonecaze.com/iphone5/iphone-5-zero5-pro-slim-cases.html

Having used the case for a little over a week, I must say I am impressed.

Edit:

Short Review

Fit: The case has a nice snug fit to it. I have noticed the tiniest bit of stretch from removing my phone from the case, however, it's hardly noticeable. The holes on the bottom of the case line up quite nicely with the speaker holes, and the port covers on the bottom snap into the ports ever so slightly, blocking dust and debris from getting into the lightning and headphone ports. The covers for the buttons have moderate tactile feedback and access to the mute switch is great.

Durability: The case has been fairly durable. The worst part, in terms of durability, would definitely be the clear back. I have accumulated a few scratches on the back, which is understandable, but I would prefer the back to be a little tougher.

Looks: Personally, I think this case is one of the best looking cases that I have seen on the market. It maintains a low profile design and still allows for the beauty of the iPhone to shine through. Two things I really like are: 1. The camera cut out stays only on the top tone of the phone (horrible gripe of mine) 2. The logo is very inconspicuous, as it is on the side.

Final Thoughts: This is a great case, and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a minimalist case. However, be warned, this case ships from Hong Kong and will most likely take 2-3 weeks to arrive, unless you pay for express shipping.

Rating: 4.5/5

Attachments

• photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 714
  • photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 449
  • photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 564
  • photo-8.JPG
    photo-8.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 454
Last edited:

Deprecation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Yeah, it looks fairly nice. The third picture showing the headphone jack and the lightning port looks strange. I'm not sure how those covers work. Maybe they bend back.

----------

Although, maybe it would be nice to keep dust out. :cool:

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I don't know if you 2 posters above the poster that is above me are being serious. The flaps are obviously for the headphone port and lightning port. They are obviously for keeping dust out.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I don't know if you 2 posters above the poster that is above me are being serious. The flaps are obviously for the headphone port and lightning port. They are obviously for keeping dust out.

I was implying that they are unwanted.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Forgive me then.

I think the flaps are perfect, protection all the way around and from dust getting into unwanted areas.

dinesh29888

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
Can any1 post pics of this case ... currently they having a free standard shipping ... will be ordering once i see some pictures and some good reviews.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
seriously this looks like the best case so far - one that could replace my switcheasy tones.

IF it fits with side protectors and back protectors on i am there.

Looks like it has lay on the table too. Im almost tempted to get it...

Has anyone ordered this yet?

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
seriously this looks like the best case so far - one that could replace my switcheasy tones.

IF it fits with side protectors and back protectors on i am there.

Looks like it has lay on the table too. Im almost tempted to get it...

Has anyone ordered this yet?

You can't expect to put any thin cases on the iPhone 5 with both the back AND side skins. It works with other slightly thicker cases but it's just not going to fit well with 0.5 thin cases. I have tried on many cases and I only have a thin back skin. Can't imagine it being any better with a side skin added onto that.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
You can't expect to put any thin cases on the iPhone 5 with both the back AND side skins. It works with other slightly thicker cases but it's just not going to fit well with 0.5 thin cases. I have tried on many cases and I only have a thin back skin. Can't imagine it being any better with a side skin added onto that.

true, however they do include a back protector with the zero 5 pro....

i guess ill stick to the tones for now then.

Deprecation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I ordered the case on the 14th, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
I had the regular Zero 5 not the pro model like in the link but mine showed scratches really bad but better than iPhone getting scratched. It was a very nice fit and super thin.

grimy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
Mine came in today, I had to remove and clean my ghost armor side protectors. Overall, I'm not happy with it, I did the clear back/clear sides hopin to achieve a minimalistic look that still showed off the iphone 5 color/design. The back doesn't adhere to the screen protector, making it look funky. The sides are a frosted clear, completely making it pointless to get clear unless this is the look you are going for. I would have preferred black sides over this look, creating a more incognito look. I will post up pics with my DSLR with a further observations.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Mine came in today, I had to remove and clean my ghost armor side protectors. Overall, I'm not happy with it, I did the clear back/clear sides hopin to achieve a minimalistic look that still showed off the iphone 5 color/design. The back doesn't adhere to the screen protector, making it look funky. The sides are a frosted clear, completely making it pointless to get clear unless this is the look you are going for. I would have preferred black sides over this look, creating a more incognito look. I will post up pics with my DSLR with a further observations.

That's a shame. Sorry to hear.

So it definitely doesn't fit with side protectors? I have some lucky labs on which I don't really want to take off.

dinesh29888

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012

Which 1 did you ordered clear or black borders with clear on the back ? Please post pics asap & will this case go good with the Spigen GLaS.tr ??

grimy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
I am not happy with the color. Frosted clear looks tacky to me and I was hoping for a clear see-through appearance. Perhaps the black sides/clear back would look muhc better.These cases are of quality make and mold to the phone very well. So well in fact you cannot have any other protectors on it!

-Order has said processing entire time on their website(even now). I bought on 12/9 and arrived on 12/22. Sent via USPS, had to go to post office on 12/24 to sign for it.

-I do not believe this case will work with the Spigen Glass.tr as there is a lip on the front that seats over the edges.

-It wouldn't work with my ghost armor side protectors OR back protector.

-The back now looks good without a back protector on it.

I will be contacting them to see if we can work something out. *edit* their email returns@iphonecaze.com and support@iphonecaze.com does not work. I ended up sending an email to sales@iphonecaze.com (appears to have gone through). *edit*

I was expecting this:

thinedge_matte3.jpg

I received this...but the above picture makes me think I am supposed to pop out the bottons over the hold/volume buttons??? Some of the pictures, they aren't there, and some they are.

IMG_1145_zpsa48e8103.jpg

IMG_1147_zps95ad7fff.jpg

Last edited:

Catcher

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2011
It looks to me like the all-black version has a glossy back? Not sure if I'm correct though.

grimy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
It looks to me like the all-black version has a glossy back? Not sure if I'm correct though.
There are color options for black, white, clear backs with white/black/clear frames, I picked the clear/clear options.

Deprecation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Grimy, how did you track your shipment? When I go to the website it just says that it has left Hong Kong.

grimy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
Grimy, how did you track your shipment? When I go to the website it just says that it has left Hong Kong.

Mine STILL says processing, basically I couldn't track it. In my post with the pictures, I detailed shipping times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.