Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDaddyMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Just giving you guys a heads up. I have a new iMac 27 ordered. I called up and asked a lot of questions about canceling my order. The person asked me why I was considering canceling. I told him because there is no optical drive. And he said, thats no problem...ill just send you one. It arrived friday. Free of charge. Now if I can just get my iMac here.

santatracker

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
Just giving you guys a heads up. I have a new iMac 27 ordered. I called up and asked a lot of questions about canceling my order. The person asked me why I was considering canceling. I told him because there is no optical drive. And he said, thats no problem...ill just send you one. It arrived friday. Free of charge. Now if I can just get my iMac here.

Perhaps Apple found something incorrect in your order and compensated you with the optical drive.

Btw, I ordered a BTO 27" iMac on 10-DEC. It currently says shipping in Jan :(

Last edited:

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I mean that's good that they sent it to you and all, I guess I just don't understand people sometimes though.

pyzon

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
wow be apple, bowing down to order canceling threats like that...scrounger....I very much doubt you intended to cancel your order for a $2k+ machine and were so easily convinced to keep the order by a $50 drive.....keep a way from the B&M stores...you're the type that puts them in the ground.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
This is why I would never last a day working in customer service... I would have told you that you knew there was no optical drive when you placed the order..... and sent you on your way.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I mean that's good that they sent it to you and all, I guess I just don't understand people sometimes though.

wow be apple, bowing down to order canceling threats like that...scrounger....I very much doubt you intended to cancel your order for a $2k+ machine and were so easily convinced to keep the order by a $50 drive.....keep a way from the B&M stores...you're the type that puts them in the ground.

No wonder Apple users have the stereotype they do. Goodness.
This, this, & this.

Quite frankly you know damn well you were fishing for something free. That's trashy. Enjoy your optical drive and good going pulling a fast one on Apple.

MacDaddyMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
wow

This, this, & this.

Quite frankly you know damn well you were fishing for something free. That's trashy. Enjoy your optical drive and good going pulling a fast one on Apple.

wow. Actually you guys have no idea. I asked about canceling because the charge on my CC needed to go through before the end of the year for tax purposes. If you will read what I said, I called and asked a lot of questions about canceling. Thats why. If you see a few other posts I have made I asked about when my CC would be charged. I was trying to see if they could go ahead and charge my CC. We discussed that he he said that he could not ensure that my CC would be charged in time. IN ADDITION i mentioned I may go a different direction because there is no optical drive. He said that he will just send me one. Thats all. And for the record, I canceled last night after a long talk with CS again. The guy told me to call back this week to see if there has been a change in shipping projections. I again tried to get them to charge my CC. They couldnt until it shipped and could not ensure that it would ship before the end of the year. This rep warned me not to wait too long on making a decision because at a certain point I would be unable to cancel. So I canceled and bought a refurb. BTW...I sent the optical drive back to them.

Last edited:

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012

I do keep away from B&M stores and that is why I save money.

Free shipping, No sales tax, lower prices, ect....

Bravo to the OP

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Well, I didn't order a machine without an optical drive and then call to cancel the order because it didn't have an optical drive.

If the main factor was because you feared not being able to use it for tax deductions for this year or for tax depreciation for a business then that's one thing meaning regardless of the machine having some optical drive built in or not it shouldn't have an effect on why you canceled your order.

Your original post was worded like you were canceling the order because it had no optical drive. I don't think most folks on here are going to basically do a forum background check to look over all of your previous posts before responding to this one.

Then you call people idiots for making a remark based off of what you posted in this thread.

Like I said before... I wonder about people sometimes.

MacDaddyMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Your original post was worded like you were canceling the order because it had no optical drive.

My OP said I asked questions about canceling. But yeah, somehow its my fault that people rush to judgement. And I deleted/edited the idiot comment before you posted your reply...because I am better than that and didnt want to stoop to the same level as those who rush to judgement. Have a great life.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
My OP said I asked questions about canceling. But yeah, somehow its my fault that people rush to judgement. And I deleted/edited the idiot comment before you posted your reply...because I am better than that and didnt want to stoop to the same level as those who rush to judgement. Have a great life.

That isn't jumping to conclusions.
That is reading what you wrote and responding to it.
That isn't rushing to judgement, it is reacting to the info that was given.
Even though the idiot comment was removed you're still insulting those that "rush to judgment". Hard to say "I am better than that" and admit to calling people idiots and you are on a higher level than them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.