Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1
kbutler84
macrumors regular

Airplay with no network?

I'm trying to figure out if its possible for me to incorporate airplay into my stereo system in my garage. My wifi in the house has already been extended with an airport express, and even still my connection in the garage is intermittent at best. With that being said, is there any type of device that will allow me to have airplay on an old stereo receiver?

I seem to remember a few months ago hearing about an update to airplay ("airplay direct") that would not require the devices to be connected to a local network in order for airplay to function. This would be perfect.
kbutler84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:31 PM   #2
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Bluetooth ... There are some receiver around which should be ale to be connected to you existing system. Was it Sony, Onkyo or Aiwa ?
But it would require Bluetooth if you don't want local network.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:12 AM   #3
Mr-Kerrse
macrumors 6502

I would like to know what happened to airplay direct as it all seems to have gone quiet from apple concerning this
Mr-Kerrse is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater