Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:45 AM   #26
INTERNETUAL
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
[QUOTE=g0odfr1end102;16465033]Long story short: ghosting, overheating, dead pixels, bending aluminum frame (and no I did not sit on it), right-hand ports dead (sd card slot, HDMI and usb 3.0), loose/falling screws...[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

Two words for you bud, APPLE CARE. Use it, otherwise quit complaining because you're too lazy to get a faulty computer replaced...or...you caused the issues yourself...you have no excuse.
INTERNETUAL is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:51 AM   #27
mrxak
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
Hopefully they get Lightroom updated by the time I get a retina display.
__________________
Phones Will Kill You
mrxak is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:52 AM   #28
INTERNETUAL
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
By the way, for the ones having issues getting the updates to install or are not showing up in the Adobe Updater, you may need to go to adobe's website and update the updater. I had to do this, as for some odd reason the updater never updated itself. Once you update it, it should work fine.
INTERNETUAL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:55 AM   #29
Rufuss Sewell
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Perfect rMBP 15" here.

Glad someone is making apps for this thing. Apple certainly needs to catch up with their own apps.
Rufuss Sewell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:06 AM   #30
iMikeT
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Just a useless update for me and my 27" iMac. The best I could hope for is the elements in the apps look better when enlarged.
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:17 AM   #31
janderson0719
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0odfr1end102 View Post

Two words for you bud, APPLE CARE. Use it, otherwise quit complaining because you're too lazy to get a faulty computer replaced...or...you caused the issues yourself...you have no excuse.
This rant wasn't necessary. At all.
janderson0719 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:39 AM   #32
Ryan914
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERNETUAL View Post
By the way, for the ones having issues getting the updates to install or are not showing up in the Adobe Updater, you may need to go to adobe's website and update the updater. I had to do this, as for some odd reason the updater never updated itself. Once you update it, it should work fine.
The update still isn't working for me, the Adobe Application Manager (which I just updated) still doesn't report any updates for Photoshop, and directly downloading the update from the website gives the error "This patch is not applicable for you." If it means anything I'm using the 13" rMBP.

Trust Adobe to release a borked update...
Ryan914 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:55 AM   #33
jacktorrance
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post
Just a useless update for me and my 27" iMac. The best I could hope for is the elements in the apps look better when enlarged.
Just a useless post.
jacktorrance is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:17 AM   #34
Goldfinger
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Belgium
Great, now PLEASE, Adobe, fix Dreamweaver. It's completely useless on my 2560x1440 pixel display because of the ridiculous lag and hanging. It's a known issue. It works perfectly on my 13" MBP.

By the way, update not showing up for me.
Goldfinger is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:28 AM   #35
Uplift
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Don't get too excited guys.. it does look beautiful now but it has come at a price... the app is noticeably choppier.. i loaded a blank A4 page with one line of text, moving that around wasn't totally smooth, i then loaded a large file with lots of elements and it was even worse, not much worse, but worse.
Uplift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:42 AM   #36
s4yunkim
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I am also not seeing any updates in the Application manager. Tried downloading the files to install manually, and both tell me that "This patch is not applicable for you."
s4yunkim is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:47 AM   #37
jorgetuix
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4yunkim View Post
I am also not seeing any updates in the Application manager. Tried downloading the files to install manually, and both tell me that "This patch is not applicable for you."
Same problem in rMBP 13"
jorgetuix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:55 AM   #38
thaweesak
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Update the Adobe Application Manager to the latest version (6.2), and everything should be updating as it should.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4774
thaweesak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:59 AM   #39
stellahell
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I didn't see the updates with the adobe updater, so I manually downloaded them. However, I got the "This patch is not applicable for you." error as others did when installing PS update.

Even worse all the menus in PS became grayed out. I couldn't even quit the damn thing. Was kinda freaking out since I'm a graphics designer, but I tried the old trick of setting my date on my MBPr back one day, and that seemed to fix the menu issue - just in case others experience the same panic as me

Oh and I just set the date back to the current one again, and the menus are still working.
Think I'll just wait until it becomes available through the updater...
stellahell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:15 AM   #40
jorgetuix
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaweesak View Post
Update the Adobe Application Manager to the latest version (6.2), and everything should be updating as it should.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4774
Not work for me :S
Even de the new AAM dont recognizes my Photoshop
jorgetuix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:16 AM   #41
iMikeT
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post
Just a useless update for me and my 27" iMac. The best I could hope for is the elements in the apps look better when enlarged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktorrance View Post
Just a useless post.

Just a useless reply to my useless post.

Here's a thought... What's worse, a useless post or a useless reply to a useless post?
iMikeT is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:36 AM   #42
Konstruktor
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rotterdam, NL
How will saving work?

I couldn't find the answer elsewhere, so I've got a little question for the ones who already updated:

Let's say you're designing a website and need to save an image for the web. Do you now get the option to save it twice? E.g. retina and non-retina.

I figured that since you are now designing in retina resolution, there has to be an easy way to save on 'normal' resolution. or does this work some other way?

Thanks in advance for the answer!
Konstruktor is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:13 AM   #43
beestigbeestje
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Belgium
Send a message via AIM to beestigbeestje
Why is it that, when good news comes out for the rMBP's, it always gets bashed immediately. If you have a problem with your device, get it fixed or return it and get something else. I'm also having the image retention, graphics bugs, efi crap, but It's still far better than the regular MBP's. My display is getting fixed next week and graphics firmware is on it's way.

Doing vectors in illustrator is pretty now ^^
FINALLY!
__________________
Santa Rosa Macbook pro 2.4Ghz 4gb RAM
Retina Macbook Pro 15 inch 2,6ghz 16gb ram
iPhone 4 - AppleTV 2 - iPad 2
beestigbeestje is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:23 AM   #44
beestigbeestje
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Belgium
Send a message via AIM to beestigbeestje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstruktor View Post
I couldn't find the answer elsewhere, so I've got a little question for the ones who already updated:

Let's say you're designing a website and need to save an image for the web. Do you now get the option to save it twice? E.g. retina and non-retina.

I figured that since you are now designing in retina resolution, there has to be an easy way to save on 'normal' resolution. or does this work some other way?

Thanks in advance for the answer!
You don't get to choose. If you export for web, it saves it standard at non-retina resolution. I don't know if it's possible at the time to change dpi output settings, but can change image size to make up for it. I haven't really gotten in to it yet, so I could be mistaken.
__________________
Santa Rosa Macbook pro 2.4Ghz 4gb RAM
Retina Macbook Pro 15 inch 2,6ghz 16gb ram
iPhone 4 - AppleTV 2 - iPad 2
beestigbeestje is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:28 AM   #45
Konstruktor
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by beestigbeestje View Post
You don't get to choose. If you export for web, it saves it standard at non-retina resolution. I don't know if it's possible at the time to change dpi output settings, but can change image size to make up for it. I haven't really gotten in to it yet, so I could be mistaken.
Would you be able to try it out? I'm really curious about it. Right now I'm running CS5.5 on my rMBP (which works fine if you keep al little distance ), but I'm thinking of upgrading when the apps are retina.

It would be 'weird' if you work in retina resolution, but have to save it in non-retina, e.g. 4 times the lower res.

Thanks!
Konstruktor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:34 AM   #46
JohnnyAndre
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
 
Ugh. I can't get it working!

BTW, anyone hating on the RMBP has probably never used one.

Edit: Not applicable to me. YES IT IS ADOBE, I PAY YOU GUYS AND HAVE A RMBP

Edit #2: Okay guys, in Photoshop go into "Help" / "Updates ..."

This is the only way to get it working and lemme say, it's well worth it.
__________________
Twitter: JohnnyAndre
MacBook Pro with Retina Display
iPad mini Black Verizon 32 - Nokia Lumia 920 - iPod touch [PRODUCT RED] 32
Wii U Deluxe - 3DSXL Red - PC - 360 - PS2 - Dreamcast

Last edited by JohnnyAndre; Dec 11, 2012 at 04:44 AM.
JohnnyAndre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:26 AM   #47
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium
 
KnightWRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Quebec, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0odfr1end102 View Post
Long story short: ghosting, overheating, dead pixels, bending aluminum frame (and no I did not sit on it), right-hand ports dead (sd card slot, HDMI and usb 3.0), loose/falling screws...
It's called "warranty" buddy.

My rMBP has no ghosting, no overheating, no dead pixels, no bending aluminum and no right hand ports dead, nor loose/falling screws.

On the other hand, I've gone through 5 6th gen iPod Nanos and now on my 2nd 7th gen iPod Nano. Had the screen replaced on my MBA, a faulty fan assembly on my first Unibody MacBook and never managed to get a satisfactory 24" ACD. Yet I'd still recommend some of those products to people. Because there's a WARRANTY.

Now, let's get back to discussing the actual topic rather than your apparent lack of using the warranty as it was meant.
__________________
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."
-- Pericles
KnightWRX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:57 AM   #48
tyren
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Running hot

My Mac seems to run very hot (fans spinning very fast), after installing this update - anybody notice the same thing?
tyren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:01 AM   #49
beestigbeestje
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Belgium
Send a message via AIM to beestigbeestje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstruktor View Post
Would you be able to try it out? I'm really curious about it. Right now I'm running CS5.5 on my rMBP (which works fine if you keep al little distance ), but I'm thinking of upgrading when the apps are retina.

It would be 'weird' if you work in retina resolution, but have to save it in non-retina, e.g. 4 times the lower res.

Thanks!
When saving for web, you have to save 2x the resolution to view it correctly on a rMBP. Say, you want to have a 100px width for an image, you'll have to save it as 200px and use css to make it preview correctly at 100px (best for retina scale). If you save the image for web at 100px, it's 2x smaller when opening afterwards in preview on a retina screen. The photoshop canvas shows you retina quality image, but when exporting you have to make sure you have twice the pixel count, otherwise your actual image wil be smaller on your rmbp. Now, if you just "save as" then the image is as big as it was on the canvas on the rMBP screen. So using that wil make the images twice the size on regular screens.
does this make any sense?
__________________
Santa Rosa Macbook pro 2.4Ghz 4gb RAM
Retina Macbook Pro 15 inch 2,6ghz 16gb ram
iPhone 4 - AppleTV 2 - iPad 2
beestigbeestje is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:32 AM   #50
scarred
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0odfr1end102 View Post
Believe me, you're better off without it...
If telling yourself this saves you a couple grand and gets you off the upgrade treadmill, than I understand and support your belief.

But if you truly think people are better off with the old resolutions...honest to god, go see an eye doctor. Forget retina displays, the whole world will be more brilliant with glasses/contacts.
scarred is offline   2 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adobe CS6 and Retina Display timothytaa MacBook Pro 49 May 8, 2014 08:26 AM
Adobe Updates Photoshop Lightroom With Retina Support MacRumors Mac Blog Discussion 14 Dec 15, 2012 01:52 AM
Photoshop CS6 Retina Display Support Coming on December 11? MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 68 Dec 11, 2012 11:14 AM
Retina Display Support Coming to Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4 in 'Coming Months' [Updated] MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 93 Aug 31, 2012 06:03 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC