Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:32 PM   #1
tktaylor1
macrumors 6502a

Mcdonalds Guy

I have not seen a thread on this yet and its been brought up in many conversations personally, so I decided to make one. What is everyones take on this? Did the guy too far?

Personally, I think the initial hits were fine but when he hit them while they were down is going a little far. I am sick of all these hood b*tches thinking they can do whatever they want with no response. If they want to step up and be a man and fight like a man then they should get whatever punishment is headed their way.

Why was the girl not screaming at the girls when they spit at the guy and slapped him?

With that said, we all have our own opinions. I know there are plenty of people here who disagree with my point of view claiming "you should never hit a woman" but I'm so beyond disgusted with these situations because I see it way more than any of you probably do.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:42 PM   #2
mobilehaathi
macrumors 68040

And what exactly do you mean by "hood b*tches?"
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:51 PM   #3
ChrisMan287
macrumors 6502

That employee just had bathroom duty then had to deal with that crap. Can't blame him..
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:52 PM   #4
tktaylor1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
And what exactly do you mean by "hood b*tches?"
You know exactly what I mean. I think the two fine ladies in this video are prime examples of what I mean
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:57 PM   #5
mobilehaathi
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by tktaylor1 View Post
You know exactly what I mean. I think the two fine ladies in this video are prime examples of what I mean
No, I don't. But it reflects the almost casual disrespect you have for them.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:01 AM   #6
waloshin
macrumors 68030

That employee should have been fired that night. That was very unprofessional and idiotic.
This is an old video the larger lady slapped the employee first. I would have just phoned the police and had her charged with assault.
waloshin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:11 AM   #7
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502

Wow whoever was yelling stop, that was the most annoying thing I have ever heard.
duneriderltr450 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:14 AM   #8
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
The employee was right here, even hitting the girl, she started it then jumped over the counter and hit the guy, he defended himself.
In this case it does not matter if it is a girl or a guy.
What if the girl had a knife or other weapon?
Sadly in many cases like these the guy (employee) gets into problems.
justperry is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:18 AM   #9
tktaylor1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Honestly I have no respect for them. It's really that simple. I don't see why I should.
tktaylor1 is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:33 AM   #10
mobilehaathi
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Honestly I have no respect for them. It's really that simple. I don't see why I should.
My young friend, your mistake is: you have not a wide enough view.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:09 AM   #11
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
No respect for women in general? You mentioned you see "this" often and I think you're talking about women getting hit. Do you think that's acceptable if they are, by your own definition, "hood bitches?"
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:20 AM   #12
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

As usual, I'm completely out of it as I do not watch videos (aside from music) on YouTube.

Is this kind of stuff supposed to be entertaining?

Informative??

Uplifting?

Imparting a lesson or moral?

Make the viewer feel superior to the participants?

For me, it represents the most pathetic level of voyeurism, as demeaning to the viewer as to the participants.

Yes, yes...I'm on my high horse, being condescending, self righteous and any other criticism often leveled here at anyone expressing a moral or ethical position. And, yes, no one made me watch it...call it part of my cultural education.

My question is...what does one get out of watching stuff like this?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:37 AM   #13
Sideonecincy
Banned

I read about this when it happened, so for those who don't know, here is some back story information:

The two females were ordering food at McDonalds and they tried to pay with a counterfeit $50 bill. When the cashier questioned their money, they were insulted and they assaulted the cashier. They went behind the counter to grab the guy to try to get their fake money back. The McDonalds employee with the pipe is an ex-con. The McDonalds employee was charged with assault and the two females were charged with trespassing. They somehow weren't charged with counterfeiting.

Edit: apparently the charges were dropped against the guy.

The two females who jumped behind the counter got what they deserved. If you choose to assault or intimidate another person and they end up kicking the crap out of you, well then maybe next time you won't escalate the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
As usual, I'm completely out of it as I do not watch videos (aside from music) on YouTube.

Is this kind of stuff supposed to be entertaining?

Informative??

Uplifting?

Imparting a lesson or moral?

Make the viewer feel superior to the participants?

For me, it represents the most pathetic level of voyeurism, as demeaning to the viewer as to the participants.

Yes, yes...I'm on my high horse, being condescending, self righteous and any other criticism often leveled here at anyone expressing a moral or ethical position. And, yes, no one made me watch it...call it part of my cultural education.

Apparently you've never watched World Star Hip Hop then. WSHH makes youtube look like PBS

Last edited by Sideonecincy; Dec 11, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Sideonecincy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:17 AM   #14
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
I second the hood bitch sentiment. They deserved a beat down.
likemyorbs is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:33 AM   #15
leftywamumonkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideonecincy View Post
I read about this when it happened, so for those who don't know, here is some back story information:

The two females were ordering food at McDonalds and they tried to pay with a counterfeit $50 bill. When the cashier questioned their money, they were insulted and they assaulted the cashier. They went behind the counter to grab the guy to try to get their fake money back. The McDonalds employee with the pipe is an ex-con. The McDonalds employee was charged with assault and the two females were charged with trespassing. They somehow weren't charged with counterfeiting.

Edit: apparently the charges were dropped against the guy.

The two females who jumped behind the counter got what they deserved. If you choose to assault or intimidate another person and they end up kicking the crap out of you, well then maybe next time you won't escalate the situation.

Apparently you've never watched World Star Hip Hop then. WSHH makes youtube look like PBS
Pchhh. A pipe? That thing was a coat hanger wire...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by waloshin View Post
That employee should have been fired that night. That was very unprofessional and idiotic.
This is an old video the larger lady slapped the employee first. I would have just phoned the police and had her charged with assault.
You mean the employee that stood there laughing and didn't do anything or the employee who took care of business?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:45 AM   #16
barkomatic
macrumors 68030

This is one of those situations where I feel that neither side of this conflict is completely guilt free. However, I would say that if you slap a cashier and then jump a counter at McDonald's then you're probably the more aggressive party. That being said, the resulting beating looked quite excessive and more than necessary to stop the attack.
barkomatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:33 AM   #17
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
I can't answer that one Doc, but I firmly believe that every time you watch some crap like that, several brain cells commit suicide.

I can't afford that, as I'm already destroying enough via ale.

iJohnHenry is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:39 AM   #18
eric/

Quote:
People like that deserve to be casually disrespected. Don't really see an issue here.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideonecincy View Post
Completely agree. He shouldn't have kept hitting them after awhile when they were on the ground. But yeah. How about you not be a ****** person and things like this aren't going to happen to you.
eric/ is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:14 PM   #19
tktaylor1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
No respect for women in general? You mentioned you see "this" often and I think you're talking about women getting hit. Do you think that's acceptable if they are, by your own definition, "hood bitches?"
I feel like you're not understanding what I am saying. I have the upmost respect for women but when they step up and do something like this then they get what is coming to them. What I meant by "this" is women hitting guys in the face and trying to fight them yet expect no repercussion. I just see this so much it's sickening. I know it's wrong to hit a woman but when they cross a line you have to defend yourself. This guy did that. Yes, he went a little far as I stated earlier but the initial hits were fine in my eyes. When they were on the ground he crossed a line.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:39 PM   #20
leenak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
This is one of those situations where I feel that neither side of this conflict is completely guilt free. However, I would say that if you slap a cashier and then jump a counter at McDonald's then you're probably the more aggressive party. That being said, the resulting beating looked quite excessive and more than necessary to stop the attack.
Yup, I would've fired the employee. The employee should've 1) called the police and 2) handed back the money. If he felt attacked, defending yourself is fine but beating someone while they are down is wrong.
leenak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:18 PM   #21
waloshin
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftywamumonkey View Post
Pchhh. A pipe? That thing was a coat hanger wire...

----------

You mean the employee that stood there laughing and didn't do anything or the employee who took care of business?
Both.
waloshin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:57 PM   #22
bizzle
macrumors 6502a

Not seeing a problem here.

As someone else said, people like this deserve to be "casually disrespected".
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:17 AM   #23
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Wow, it's discouraging to see all the talk about people deserving to be disrespected or treated in a negative way.

Listen to the amazing wisdom of the great Run D.M.C on the matter.

"You see, I want respect, if I'm correct, they're all like a ball that I have checked..."

Showing someone respect is a reflection of you and your character; it has nothing to do with them. We can't control how others treat us, but we definitely are in control of how we treat them.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:02 AM   #24
ejb190
macrumors 65816

There is a wide gap between having no respect for someone and treating them like you have no respect for them.
ejb190 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:52 AM   #25
bizzle
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
Wow, it's discouraging to see all the talk about people deserving to be disrespected or treated in a negative way.

Listen to the amazing wisdom of the great Run D.M.C on the matter.

"You see, I want respect, if I'm correct, they're all like a ball that I have checked..."

Showing someone respect is a reflection of you and your character; it has nothing to do with them. We can't control how others treat us, but we definitely are in control of how we treat them.
You're living in a fantasy world. If people act like fools, they deserve to be regarded as fools.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion