Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:04 AM   #1
ibleedgolden
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 - No wifi found anywhere

I just got the refurb iPhone 5 (coming from iPhone 4s) and I'm just having a really odd issue. I can't seem to see any wifi, except for one with 5GHz band. Even when I was activating it at AT&T, the CSR was stumped as to why the phone couldn't see any wifi. Somehow she got it to activate without wifi or itunes so I thought the problem was fixed, but alas I came back home and I cannot see my or anyone else's wifi.

Wondering if anyone else had issue with this. I already reset the phone, reset the network, flight mode, and turned on/off wifi. I've already googled to see if there are similar issues but I couldn't find any. Perhaps I just missed it but I'm hoping someone here has an answer.

Thanks!
ibleedgolden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:44 AM   #2
dextr3k
macrumors 6502

Maybe your refurb has a broken wifi. But if it can see one network, then theoretically it should be able to see all.

Have you tried factory restoring the phone? If not I would recommend you take it back to the apple store. As you shouldnt have been given it in the first place with faulty hardware.
dextr3k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:46 AM   #3
Macman45
macrumors G5

Sounds like one of the aerials is disconnected...I'd take it back for a replacement.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:12 AM   #4
mirrorbox
macrumors newbie

Before you take it back maybe you should try to restore your phone to factory settings like dextr3k suggested or just switch it off and back on again. I sometimes have wifi detection issues on my iPhone4. What I do is turn on flight mode, wait of a few seconds and turn off flight mode. This does the trick for me.
mirrorbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:56 AM   #5
rabidz7
Banned

Location: Isla De Juventud, south Havana provence, Cincinnati Ohio
apple

I would restart the iPhone and if that does not work take it to the apple store.
rabidz7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:01 PM   #6
ibleedgolden
macrumors newbie

I tried resetting to factory settings and tried turning the phone on/off. I guess my only recourse is to go to the Apple Store. Ugh.. so far away.
ibleedgolden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:21 PM   #7
ibleedgolden
macrumors newbie

Bit of an update. So I went to the Apple store and received a refurbished unit. I come home, fired up the wifi and voila! 15+ wifi networks show up. There was definitely something wrong with that other unit.
ibleedgolden is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:02 AM   #8
dextr3k
macrumors 6502

Glad that worked out for you.

That unit probably had a bad radio or connection. They should not have given it to you as soon as they realized it couldnt connect to wifi.
dextr3k is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting