Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:30 AM   #1
alexjholland
macrumors regular

An OSX program to stitch together audiobook chapters into one continuous file?

Hey, I have downloaded a number of audiobooks to play via my iPod Classic in my car.

A known issue with the iPod Classic that hasn't been resolved, is the complete jumbling of chapters that happens when you load several books which have chapters divided into several sections. Rather than being collected by author (artist) and chapter (track) they're just jumbled nonsensically.

As the function for audiobooks has an 'auto-resume' function, actually there is little reason for me not to have each audiobook as one complete file, which would neaten things up. Unfortunately, most audiobooks seem to download in separate chapters.

So, I want to be able to arrange my audiobook chapters in sequence and stitch them back into one continuous file.

The only program I've found to do this so far is on http://dougscripts.com/itunes/ but, irritatingly, the order of tracks is frequently jumbled in the result - so it's useless.

Do you guys know of a free, or reasonably-priced program that can do this for me? I'm using a Mac - of course - and have access to the App Store.
alexjholland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:22 AM   #2
apple-ette
macrumors member

While not free, I've had good success with Audiobook Builder. It is, IMO, reasonably priced.
apple-ette is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:21 AM   #3
tbrinkma
macrumors 65816

There's an easier way. Create a playlist with the audiobook tracks in it. No need to create an enormous audio file.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:35 AM   #4
tdhurst
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-ette View Post
While not free, I've had good success with Audiobook Builder. It is, IMO, reasonably priced.
Love, love, LOVE Audiobook Builder. Well worth the $10. Been using it for years, nary an issue.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:57 AM   #5
alexjholland
macrumors regular

Thanks guys, Audiobook Builder is indeed reasonably priced. It looks like a product which has been designed with care; and has two strong endorsements, so I'll buy it.

Looked at Playlists, but I want to use my book function as was intended!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:31 PM   #6
alexjholland
macrumors regular

Ok, this app is doing a great job of making the audiobooks..

But if I make one on my desktop, it seems there are two in my library by the time I drag it to my 'automatically add to iTunes folder'..

Then I delete the duplicate; and neither work!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:14 AM   #7
alexjholland
macrumors regular

Think it's squared now: Make the project file on your desktop or downloads folder (can delete afterwards); but select for the finished file to be placed in 'automatically add to iTunes'!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:46 PM   #8
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

I found I needed an AudioBook maker to bind a bunch of files together. I was going to look at what was posted here but also checked out the AppStore and ended up using AudioBook Binder. It is FREE and seems to work perfectly. There are quite a few others and they are all less expensive than the one listed above; they may be worth checking out.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store