Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Macdude2010
macrumors 6502a

Shipping Question

My iPad mini arrived at the local FedEx destination facility at 7:35AM. The delivery says it will come by Monday at 10:30AM, but with in the area, is there a chance it will be delivered today?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:23 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Could be. Seems odd that there is a delivery date of Monday considering it is in your town. I guess it could come Monday if you're truly rural or something like that. Regardless, it will come when it comes I guess.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Macdude2010
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Could be. Seems odd that there is a delivery date of Monday considering it is in your town. I guess it could come Monday if you're truly rural or something like that. Regardless, it will come when it comes I guess.
The Monday delivery has been the same since it shipped, it might just not have been updated. The real deciding factor is if it gets put on a truck this morning, the fedex facility is around 11 miles from my house.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:27 AM   #4
maflynn

Possibly but doubtful. It arrived this morning and needs to be processed and then sent onto the truck for delivery. Chances are the delivery trucks are already out. The small chance it may occur is that the package is ready for delivery when the trucks come back for the afternoon deliveries.
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:12 AM   #5
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Your tracking will state if it is on a truck for delivery.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:09 AM   #6
Macdude2010
macrumors 6502a

it went on a truck for delivery, will it most likely come today?
EDIT: It just got delivered!

Last edited by Macdude2010; Dec 14, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
Macdude2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:25 AM   #7
wytwolf
macrumors regular

Lucky you, I had a similar situation happen to me. My ipad mini was in my city Dec 5 and scheduled for delivery Dec 6. I called fedex to see if i could go pick it up as it didn't show out for delivery. The rep stated they will send the request to the local facility. Well no call back confirming it was being held as the rep stated would happen. I left work early on the 6th and no delivery was made. I called fedex 2 different times that day. The first rep stated that with apple's policy it stated a delivery attempt as to be made before a parcel can be held. So i waited until after the delivery deadline for that day. I called the second rep as the status was updated to "held" but no delivery. The second rep stated that apple's policy changed on the 5th to allow parcels to be held during the christmas season. I called apple as the hold wasn't placed until an hr after the local facility closed and i paid for expedited shipping and the deadline expired. Apple refund me the shipping fee but that screwed everything up. Apple stated there was no such change to their policy for christmas. I wasn't able to get time off, so FEDEX will have to return the ipad mini. Stupid office hours for the local facility is 8:30am-5pm..... the same hours as 95% of the workforce here. I was not able to get extra time off work, but luckily i found one this past weekend at a local brick and mortar store.
wytwolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad