Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
Can you see the circle on the right of my iPhone screen? It has a screen protector but what is this smudge type mark ? Is it on the glass itself ? You have to look closely

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 340

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My guess would be that it's an effect of grease from your thumb/finger and that that is the area of your screen you touch most often. Just a guess though, beyond that I personally would have no idea.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
My guess would be that it's an effect of grease from your thumb/finger and that that is the area of your screen you touch most often. Just a guess though, beyond that I personally would have no idea.

I'm hoping its not an issue with the screen

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Looks like the oleophobic layer off the screen protector rubbed off in the area you touch the most.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
If you have an extra laying around I don't see why not. Should help you see if it's the screen protector or the glass itself. If it's the glass, you can probably get it replaced at an Apple Store.

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida
IMHO you should get rid of the screen protector and then use a microfiber cloth to clean your screen as needed.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
If you have an extra laying around I don't see why not. Should help you see if it's the screen protector or the glass itself. If it's the glass, you can probably get it replaced at an Apple Store.

Just removed it, it's on the screen protector. I don't think it will do any harm keeping it on though ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.