Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pangelpip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
Hi everyone,
I am sorry if this is a double post. I could not find the answer but nonetheless I hope I can get it now. I live in an apartment where the 4G (no LTE yet) can be 4 bars then drops to 1 or 0 and at that point the internet is SUPER slow. I don't have home internet so I rely on my phone to check email, etc. I know there are network extenders out there for Edge and 3G. However, I am assuming these will not help me since I am having 4G problems? Is there any other products to look at or can anyone point me in the right :confused: direction? I would very much appreciate it!

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
You might have your terms messed up. I think AT&T terms 4G and LTE as the same thing, but when your phone says 4G (not LTE), it's actually 3G. I remember an iOS 5 update that changed it from 3G to 4G even though it's still 3G. I would suggest trying those 3G extenders. They should help, because your phone can still pick up 3G.

pangelpip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
You're right. I wasn't thinking. LTE should be in my area soon so I am going to wait until the end of this month and if it isn't working I will try the 3G. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.