Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:56 PM   #1
1member1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Question about ordering

Hi

My friend will be in NY in 2-3 weeks (i'm not from the US) and he said he can bring me macbook air.
now I want to upgrade to i7 + 8GB RAM and I guess they won't be in stock because it is not usual configuration.

Anyone ordered here from the website and gave someone else to pick it up ?

Thanks
1member1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Not normal procedure. Call and ask if they can put a note in there somebody else will be picking up the item.

Conversely you can have them ship to where your friend is staying.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:23 PM   #3
WesCole
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Could your friend not just buy it and then have you pay him back?
__________________
2010 15" MacBook Pro, Anti-Glare Hi-Res, 2.4 i5 128 GB SSD & 500GB HDD in optibay; iPhone 5 32GB; ATV3; 2011 Core i7 27" iMac 2GB VRAM; "New" iPad 32GB AT&T 4G; 2012 MacBook Air 13", i7, 8GB, 256GB
WesCole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:24 PM   #4
1member1
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesCole View Post
Could your friend not just buy it and then have you pay him back?
buy it there ? they need to build it first no ?
1member1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:25 PM   #5
53x12
macrumors 68000
 
53x12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1member1 View Post
Hi

My friend will be in NY in 2-3 weeks (i'm not from the US) and he said he can bring me macbook air.
now I want to upgrade to i7 + 8GB RAM and I guess they won't be in stock because it is not usual configuration.

Anyone ordered here from the website and gave someone else to pick it up ?

Thanks

That is very easy to do and should be no problem.

1) go to apple.com
2) go to store
3) select MBA and the options you want
4) go to checkout
5) for shipping select pickup in store option and select store you want
6) gives you option to pick up yourself or someone else
7) input friends name you want to pick up your MBA
8) make sure friend has photo ID and apple order number on day they go to pick up your computer


That is it.
53x12 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:26 PM   #6
WesCole
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x12 View Post
That is very easy to do and should be no problem.

1) go to apple.com
2) go to store
3) select MBA and the options you want
4) go to checkout
5) for shipping select pickup in store option and select store you want
6) gives you option to pick up yourself or someone else
7) input friends name you want to pick up your MBA
8) make sure friend has photo ID and apple order number on day they go to pick up your computer


That is it.
Well, there is your answer.

Didn't know they gave you the option to let someone else pick it up during checkout.
__________________
2010 15" MacBook Pro, Anti-Glare Hi-Res, 2.4 i5 128 GB SSD & 500GB HDD in optibay; iPhone 5 32GB; ATV3; 2011 Core i7 27" iMac 2GB VRAM; "New" iPad 32GB AT&T 4G; 2012 MacBook Air 13", i7, 8GB, 256GB
WesCole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:28 PM   #7
1member1
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Great now i'm happy

finally a mac :Z
1member1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AppleCare (ordering it question) NitromanseR MacBook Pro 6 Nov 30, 2013 07:50 PM
Online ordering question Edge1978 iPhone 2 Oct 25, 2013 08:32 PM
Question about ordering... Shockwave78 iPhone 2 Sep 28, 2013 08:22 PM
iPad Mini: Question about ordering... aPple nErd iPad 2 Nov 14, 2012 09:57 PM
MBA ordering question i-sidd MacBook Air 3 Oct 8, 2012 02:38 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC