Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2013

The inductees were just announced. They are:

Randy Newman.

Public Enemy.

Donna Summer.

Albert King.

Lou Adler.

Quincy Jones.

Getting the respect they've fought for an deserved in a male-dominated industry,

Heart.

And last (and sure as hell not least),

Rush.

Fans got to vote this year (first time ever), so next year may see some bands that should have gone in years ago, and may just get this thing right. Anyway, The induction ceremony is April 19th, in Los Angeles.

BL.
bradl is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:52 PM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Finally, really. Happy to see Heart and Rush in there.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:06 PM   #3
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Finally, really. Happy to see Heart and Rush in there.
Agreed! Rush is a huge plus for the prog rock/metal community, and Heart doing it their own way and to hell with the men in rock is great. Proves that if they could do it, any woman can do it (case in point, Donna Summer).

Now with Rush out of the way, and if fans are voting from here on out, speculation comes up for next year's class. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that KISS will make it in next year. I'll be ****** if Guns and Roses makes it in, as Def Leppard had been doing it for 9 years longer and had two of the biggest albums on the planet (both of which were only surpassed by Thriller). G'n'R needs to wait a bit longer.

Also, we're definitely in the time when those in the 80s are coming up for eligibility. with that, I'll also say that Whitney Houston (eligible since 2010) and Madonna (eligible since 2009) would make it in. George Benson, if he isn't already in, may get the nod as well.. But those are who I'm thinking of for candidates next year.

So I'll say Def Leppard, KISS, Benson, Whitney, and Madonna for now.

Thoughts, anyone?

BL.
bradl is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:52 PM   #4
rhett7660
macrumors G3

And yet still no Kiss....... ugh.

Glad to see Rush make it though.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:27 AM   #5
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame still considered a big deal with all of the various awards and honors we have in music now? Does the Hall cover all genres of music? If not, then how do they define or break things down, what are their subcategories, etc.?

I'm a big Public Enemy fan and they have won numerous hip hop awards. I'm sure they are honored, but I wonder if getting a Rock & Roll award is truly meaningful to them?

Last edited by mscriv; Dec 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
mscriv is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:03 AM   #6
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
Is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame still considered a big deal with all of the various awards and honors we have in music now? Does the Hall cover all genres of music? If not, then how do they define or break things down, are their subcategories, etc.?

I'm a big Public Enemy fan and they have won numerous hip hop awards. I'm sure they are honored, but I wonder if getting a Rock & Roll award is truly meaningful to them?
This is supposed to be what is termed as Rock and Roll. Blues, gospel, boogie-woogie, country, Jazz, electric blues, jump blues, Chicago blues, swing, folk, rhythm and blues. I don't know how Disco or Hip Hop fits into that.
MacNut is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
heart, inductees, rockandrollhalloffame, rush