Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starstreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
I had questioned on why my unlimited data plan was removed from my phone. He said after reviewing my account it was because the iPhone you bought wasn't bought from AT&T but from apple. And even if it could edit your account, I cant because there is no unlimited data plan in the computer system. Is that correct? I have a friend who still has his unlimited and said he bought his phone from apple.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
The only way for you to have removed it was if you made that selection during the checkout process. Look at your receipt form the Apple Store and see what plan was selected for you.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I had questioned on why my unlimited data plan was removed from my phone. He said after reviewing my account it was because the iPhone you bought wasn't bought from AT&T but from apple. And even if it could edit your account, I cant because there is no unlimited data plan in the computer system. Is that correct? I have a friend who still has his unlimited and said he bought his phone from apple.

Whoever told you that was clueless.
It doesnt matter if you get it from apple, bestbuy, walmart etc...
Sounds like whoever upgraded your account messed up and removed your unlimited data plan.
You will really have to chase AT&T now to correct that mistake and reinstate it back.
Not fun.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

He's not giving you the whole story, you had to change something in there to lose it, I pre-orderd from Apple and it allowed me to retain my unlimited when I purchased.

starstreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
Taking back the question a step (or two) back, I had lost the data plan before the switch to my current iphone5. I had it with a previous iphone but it was removed at some point. I never questioned my bill because it was autopay and I never hit over the 2GB limit.
I think I lost it somewhere when I got my 4->4s. I think I asked them once about it and I was told the unlimited data can no longer be kept when I upgraded? Don't remember anymore. But today, the guy at AT&T said it was because my phone was bought from Apple.
I only started to ask about it when a friend at work told me he still had his unlimited and got his iphone5. When I bought my iphone5, no longer had my unlimited. But if it was removed before in error, I would like to figure out who to talk to being the guy at the AT&T store couldn't help me. I guess I would have to call at&t, which should be a fun.

Last edited:

Carl G35c

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
You might be SOL.. Look at previous bills on att.com to see when the feature changed. Try to explain it to them, but you'll have to get a really nice rep to change it back

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Doesn't matter where you buy the phone from you shouldn't have lost unlimited data. Must have been an error and it was removed. You won't be able to get it back anymore either.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Unless I'm mistaken (and I don't think I am), whenever the change to your billing was made, the fact that you continued to pay the bill as charged without ever questioning the alteration means that you gave tacit approval of those changes. Your Unlimited plan is history.

The rep that you spoke to is an idiot. I bought my iPhone 5 from Apple and retained Unlimited data.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Taking back the question a step (or two) back, I had lost the data plan before the switch to my current iphone5. I had it with a previous iphone but it was removed at some point. I never questioned my bill because it was autopay and I never hit over the 2GB limit.
I think I lost it somewhere when I got my 4->4s. I think I asked them once about it and I was told the unlimited data can no longer be kept when I upgraded? Don't remember anymore. But today, the guy at AT&T said it was because my phone was bought from Apple.
I only started to ask about it when a friend at work told me he still had his unlimited and got his iphone5. When I bought my iphone5, no longer had my unlimited. But if it was removed before in error, I would like to figure out who to talk to being the guy at the AT&T store couldn't help me. I guess I would have to call at&t, which should be a fun.

Now the rest of the story comes out:)
You lost it long time ago with the i4 or 4S update, not now.
I don't think you'll be able to get it back now many months later. Now you noticed its gone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.