Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfactor20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Hey guys,
just wanted to run this by the people here in case someone else has tried it.

I'm using a Glas TR with the standard Spigen black button installed. I want to switch to the Aluminum button but the jelly button seems to be stuck on pretty hard. Any tips or tricks for removing it? I wouldn't wanna remove the Glas to get it off.

jhu2

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
i took an exacto knife and stuck it into the jelly button, they i slowly pried it off. Make sure you don't stick it too far in, or else you'll scratch the button. You might be able to do the same thing with a toothpick without the worry of scratching the button itself.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
I used a very thin eyeglass screwdriver and gently lifted off the jelly part that got my girl to take the rest off with her nails..........

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
i took an exacto knife and stuck it into the jelly button, they i slowly pried it off. Make sure you don't stick it too far in, or else you'll scratch the button. You might be able to do the same thing with a toothpick without the worry of scratching the button itself.

Don't use a knife. You'll likely scratch the home button under the spigen.

Take a thin piece of plastic, like the one that they came on, bend it, and then work it under the button. I managed to get mine off that way so I could reposition it.

Koebot

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012

Same thing I did. Had to be extra careful.

cfactor20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Thanks everyone. In the end I chickened out of using a knife and just used nails... with some perseverance, it came off.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
It was and was a pain to clean up the residue especially with the glas around the button. But all good now.

Thanks for the answer. I think the buttons look cool but I couldn't take the sticky residue clean up afterwards. It would drive me insane, lol.

Koebot

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
Weird. I didn't have any residue when I removed mine. The button came off the adhesive but the adhesive came off as a single sheet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.