Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:23 PM   #26
lordofthereef
macrumors 604

The bottom of the phone looks to be covered, which is something that, for some reason, is devoid on most other cases. The only other case I have personally found that offers the full coverage like this is the Speck candy shell. At under $20 this looks like quite the deal. Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:25 PM   #27
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsugolfer View Post
Can anyone tell if it has the lay on table protection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckscaliber View Post
It does not. The case is flush with the screen.
It DOES have lay-on-table protection.
RichardC300 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:43 PM   #28
Technarchy
macrumors 601

That's a hot case. I like it.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:58 PM   #29
kramjam
macrumors 6502

Really tempting, coming from the elago outfit which does a great job at replicating the black/slate look, just doesn't protect the top and bottom of the phone. Excited for user reviews and photos.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:20 AM   #30
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Here's a review

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...-for-iphone-5/

What are the home button stickers for ?
I thought that is only used with the glast screen protector
Che Castro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:40 AM   #31
icemanzzz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberWhiskey View Post
Is the $18 price special for the pre-order? i.e. Will the price increase after the pre-orders?
I don't think Spigen has ever increased their prices once their products are out on the market.
icemanzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:11 PM   #32
treeoflife
macrumors member

The color choices for this new product line is pretty amazing! I would want one of these. Their web states ship out in 1-2 weeks. Are they going to ship it out before Christmas?? Anyone contacted their c/s dept?
treeoflife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:32 PM   #33
Steevie
Banned

For $18 a pop and using my $7.77 code I put in a preorder for the slate and gunmetal
Steevie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:49 PM   #34
Che Castro
macrumors 601

What $7.77 code ?
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:38 AM   #35
boshii
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeoflife View Post
The color choices for this new product line is pretty amazing! I would want one of these. Their web states ship out in 1-2 weeks. Are they going to ship it out before Christmas?? Anyone contacted their c/s dept?
I did.

Quote:
Dear boshii,

Thank you for contacting Spigen.com Customer Service Department.
Hi, my name is Michelle from Spigen.com.

We are expecting them to arrive within 2-3 weeks,
You can start pre-ordering them now!
http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/app...lim-armor.html

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

=================================================================

Customer Service Representative,
- Michelle
I doubt they make it before Christmas.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Castro View Post
What $7.77 code ?
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1484274
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:21 PM   #36
Steevie
Banned

Got my tracking number!! Should be here within the next couple days!!
Steevie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:31 PM   #37
iamartimus
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevie
Got my tracking number!! Should be here within the next couple days!!
When did you order yours? I ordered on Dec 11, both an Armor and a glassTr. Nothing in my mail and email box.
iamartimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:22 AM   #38
webworks415
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Castro View Post
Here's a review

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/rev...-for-iphone-5/

What are the home button stickers for ?
I thought that is only used with the glast screen protector
Thanks for the link to the review! I just ordered a slate one a few minutes ago. Sad to see the Lightning connector port is so tight...I also prefer the speaker grill openings of the SwitchEasy Tones to this one. Small holes look nicer and match the design more than the vertical openings on this SGP.

Nice detail to include home button stickers...they are optional to use. I have a BodyGuardz Pure glass protector on my iPhone and i messed the home button up on install. Now its a little bent and it slides around since I took it off to remove dust. Extra button will come in handy.
webworks415 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:38 AM   #39
dynamiks
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamartimus View Post
Wirelessly posted

When did you order yours? I ordered on Dec 11, both an Armor and a glassTr. Nothing in my mail and email box.
After reading that he got his tracking number I checked my order status on the Spigen website and I see that mine shipped today, and the tracking number is there. I did not receive an email either though. I hope it arrives on Monday.
dynamiks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:05 PM   #40
lw9090
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamiks View Post
After reading that he got his tracking number I checked my order status on the Spigen website and I see that mine shipped today, and the tracking number is there. I did not receive an email either though. I hope it arrives on Monday.
Check your Spam filter. I found mine there this morning ordered on Wednesday and thats when they sent my tracking info too.
lw9090 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:32 PM   #41
mrgossett
macrumors 6502

Just got the Slim Armor case today. Got the silver/gray to match my white iPhone. First impressions:

1) Fit is perfect - Easy to put on and fairly easy to take off.
2) Appearance is nice- Looks just like the photos on Spigen's site.
3) Form factor - Case is very slim but looks like it would provide a pretty good amount of protection.
4) Button feel - This is the best I've seen on just about any case with any phone. It's like using the phone without a case, and that's true for both the sleep/wake and volume buttons.
5) Included extras- Spigen included a $7.99 gift card and an Ultra Crystal screen protector.
6) My only complaint is the lack of grip on the removable backplate. The website says that it has a matte, soft-touch finish. It is a very nice-looking silver matte finish, but it's also very slick. It does have the chiseled edges which help a little with grip.

I'm going to try it and see how I like it. It really looks nice if I can manage to hang onto it.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:35 PM   #42
dynamiks
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw9090 View Post
Check your Spam filter. I found mine there this morning ordered on Wednesday and thats when they sent my tracking info too.
Thanks, you were right. I checked my spam folder and it was in there. Hopefully mine should be delivered by tomorrow, but definitely by Monday.
dynamiks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:59 PM   #43
cheezeit
macrumors 6502

I'm assuming this is a lot thicker than the ultra thin hard case but I wonder how much thicker?
cheezeit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:56 PM   #44
rxllrn
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgossett View Post
Just got the Slim Armor case today. Got the silver/gray to match my white iPhone. First impressions:

3) Form factor - Case is very slim but looks like it would provide a pretty good amount of protection.
4) Button feel - This is the best I've seen on just about any case with any phone. It's like using the phone without a case, and that's true for both the sleep/wake and volume buttons.
5) Included extras- Spigen included a $7.99 gift card and an Ultra Crystal screen protector.
6) My only complaint is the lack of grip on the removable backplate. The website says that it has a matte, soft-touch finish. It is a very nice-looking silver matte finish, but it's also very slick. It does have the chiseled edges which help a little with grip.

I'm going to try it and see how I like it. It really looks nice if I can manage to hang onto it.
Can you post pictures? I was concerned about the gap between the case and the phone itself (as iLounge mentioned on their review). Does the top lip really not curl over the glass?
rxllrn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:58 PM   #45
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgossett View Post

Do you have a Speck CandyShell or Belkin Grip Candy Sheer? If so, can you compare thickness between the SGP and one of these cases?
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:01 AM   #46
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Post a video review
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:08 AM   #47
andy769
macrumors member

Just saw this posted on YouTube

http://youtu.be/tAbE6bFjP8E

After seeing a video review I'm ready to order one! This case looks great.
andy769 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:17 PM   #48
mrgossett
macrumors 6502

I would get some photos but for now, I've put my Switcheasy Bonds case back on. I like everything about the Slim Armor case except the lack of grip. It feels like it's going to fly out of my hand all the time. I wish they had put some texture or rubberized coating of some kind on that plastic back piece.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:23 PM   #49
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Spigen SGP Slim Armor Case for iPhone 5

via McTube for iPhone/iPad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAbE6bFjP8E
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:02 PM   #50
Eckscaliber
macrumors 6502a

I received the case today, and it is nice. I would post pics, but I'm on my way out.
Eckscaliber is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories