Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:08 PM   #101
buddybd
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Where do you guys see 26% off? Aren't they legally bound to charge the price that is at the time of shipping? Amazon did the same once and immediately refunded the difference, just said price dropped before order shipped.

Mine shipped today too, wouldn't mind sending them an email asking for an adjustment, but I don't see any sale on the site.
buddybd is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:22 PM   #102
boshii
macrumors 68030
 
boshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Just ordered a slate. $13.31 is a great price.
boshii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:22 AM   #103
Minhimalism
macrumors 6502a
 
Minhimalism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybd View Post
Where do you guys see 26% off? Aren't they legally bound to charge the price that is at the time of shipping? Amazon did the same once and immediately refunded the difference, just said price dropped before order shipped.

Mine shipped today too, wouldn't mind sending them an email asking for an adjustment, but I don't see any sale on the site.
It was with the code XMAS26. It was a banner on the front page, not sure if it's still there can't be bothered to check haha
__________________
White iPhone 5; 2013 13" MacBook Air
Twitter Instagram Flickr deviantART
Minhimalism is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:24 AM   #104
sagar4995
macrumors 6502a
 
sagar4995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dubai, UAE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevie View Post
Not to be a grinch but spigen is having a 26% off sale today... I should have waited...
GODAMMIT!!!!! ordered some cases 2 days ago!!!
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.2
iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.2 (wife's)
MacBook 13" Mid 2010
Instagram ID - SagarChablani
sagar4995 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:01 AM   #105
Cosmos01
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhimalism View Post
Haha thanks! Indeed it does. How do you like your Zoogue cases by the way?
They're alright! I find the edges/seams where the grips are a bit sharp though when holding the phone in the case in the hand. But for the price they're pretty good.

Yesterday I ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex Slim in Satin Silver which I think will look pretty slick on my white iPhone 5 It's my first time using a bumper case so hopefully I will like it. If I don't, I will try out the Slim Armor!
Cosmos01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:19 AM   #106
Chuck-Norris
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar4995 View Post
GODAMMIT!!!!! ordered some cases 2 days ago!!!
u should have known considering it was boxing day
Chuck-Norris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:07 AM   #107
Rosewood23
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest
For those of you who have this case, have you noticed any scratching on the back shell? Thanks for the input.
Rosewood23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:58 AM   #108
weisjt
macrumors 6502a
 
weisjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewood23 View Post
For those of you who have this case, have you noticed any scratching on the back shell? Thanks for the input.
The plastic part on mine has shown scratches , the bottom corn slips out occasionally also. Since the case is designed to work with glass.tr it slips from time to time.
weisjt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:29 AM   #109
Rosewood23
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisjt View Post
The plastic part on mine has shown scratches , the bottom corn slips out occasionally also. Since the case is designed to work with glass.tr it slips from time to time.
Interesting about the corner slipping out, no where on the Spigen website do they mention it having to be used with the glas.tr screen protector. Appreciate the input. Still think I am going to pull the trigger on this case, wasn't planning on going with the glas.tr protector though.
Rosewood23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:52 AM   #110
tsturbo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewood23 View Post
Interesting about the corner slipping out, no where on the Spigen website do they mention it having to be used with the glas.tr screen protector. Appreciate the input. Still think I am going to pull the trigger on this case, wasn't planning on going with the glas.tr protector though.
It does not have to be used with the glas.tr. the glas.tr will work with this case, if you choose to use one. My corners do not slip out. I am commenting on the neo hybrid ex slim.
__________________
MBP 17" + Time Capsule 2TB; iPad 3, iPhone 5.
tsturbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:08 AM   #111
mrgossett
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Here's the back of my Slim Armor case. This is not from rough treatment - just from being moved around on a smooth tabletop. I have contacted Spigen and sent them this photo. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I like everything about this case except for the ease of scratching the plastic back and the fact that this case is SLIPPERY in my hand. If Spigen would redesign the plastic back and make it more scratch-resistant and more grippy, they would have a winner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slim Armor.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	386949  
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:55 PM   #112
Rosewood23
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgossett View Post
Here's the back of my Slim Armor case. This is not from rough treatment - just from being moved around on a smooth tabletop. I have contacted Spigen and sent them this photo. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I like everything about this case except for the ease of scratching the plastic back and the fact that this case is SLIPPERY in my hand. If Spigen would redesign the plastic back and make it more scratch-resistant and more grippy, they would have a winner.
Thanks for the photo, this is what I was afraid of. I was thinking of going with the slate, which may show less scratching, or maybe it would show more?? Other concern is the lay on the table factor, most reviews people seem to have the glas.tr included on the phone so there is no lay on the table. Anyone using it without the glas.tr shield? Is there any lay on the table factor?
Rosewood23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:00 PM   #113
mrgossett
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewood23 View Post
Thanks for the photo, this is what I was afraid of. I was thinking of going with the slate, which may show less scratching, or maybe it would show more?? Other concern is the lay on the table factor, most reviews people seem to have the glas.tr included on the phone so there is no lay on the table. Anyone using it without the glas.tr shield? Is there any lay on the table factor?
I don't have the glass protector, just a regular screen protector. There is a slight bit of screen protection from the lip of the case. I usually lay my phone face up on tables, which is what caused the scratches on the case.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:05 PM   #114
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a
 
aphexacid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
I'm on the verge of ordering one of these.
Can someone describe what the case feels like? Not the shell thingy, the actual case.
Is it super grippy rubber? Is it easy to pull in and out of pockets or does it get caught? Does it attract a lot of lint?
aphexacid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:18 PM   #115
mrgossett
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
I'm on the verge of ordering one of these.
Can someone describe what the case feels like? Not the shell thingy, the actual case.
Is it super grippy rubber? Is it easy to pull in and out of pockets or does it get caught? Does it attract a lot of lint?
The part that holds the iPhone is a rubber-like material. It doesn't get hung up in pockets and has about the right amount of grip. I haven't noticed it attracting lint. But once you put on the plastic shell, only the top and bottom parts have the rubber material visible. What you're going to be holding most of the time is the plastic shell, which to me has a very slick feel with absolutely no grip. If no grip is what you want, go for it.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:09 PM   #116
Che Castro
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: May 2009
Got my case today

Did anybody else get a $7.99 spigen gift card ?



Also how many here use the jelly button sticker ?

Last edited by Che Castro; Dec 31, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:15 AM   #117
Chuck-Norris
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgossett View Post
Here's the back of my Slim Armor case. This is not from rough treatment - just from being moved around on a smooth tabletop. I have contacted Spigen and sent them this photo. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I like everything about this case except for the ease of scratching the plastic back and the fact that this case is SLIPPERY in my hand. If Spigen would redesign the plastic back and make it more scratch-resistant and more grippy, they would have a winner.
its plastic whated u expect t o happen when sliding it around
Chuck-Norris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:45 AM   #118
tsturbo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Castro View Post
Got my case today

Did anybody else get a $7.99 spigen gift card ?



Also how many here use the jelly button sticker ?
Yes, got the $7.99 gift card also.

No, I don't use the jelly button stickers or screen protector.
__________________
MBP 17" + Time Capsule 2TB; iPad 3, iPhone 5.
tsturbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:37 AM   #119
mrgossett
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-Norris View Post
its plastic whated u expect t o happen when sliding it around
Which is why I said that the back needs to be made of or covered with something that doesn't scratch so easily.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:00 AM   #120
Rosewood23
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest
So it seems that there is some, albeit small, lay on the table protection to help not scratch the back of this case. Thats good enough for me, I love the look of this case I am going to pull the trigger.
Rosewood23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:09 AM   #121
northernbaldy
macrumors 6502a
 
northernbaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: the north, UK
Hmm, I really don't like cases, but that one, I would consider
__________________
17" MacBook pro, MacMini Server, iPhone 5 64gb, AppleTV, iPad 32gb wifi, 11" MacBook Air
northernbaldy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:04 PM   #122
mrgossett
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Other than the tendency to scratch and the lack of grip, it's a very nice case- very sharp looking and priced reasonably. I guess I'm the only one here who prefers to lay my phone screen-up rather than screen-down. I'd rather damage the case than damage the screen.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:53 PM   #123
katai
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I just got the case and its nice. Not worried about scratching the back or front because I don't slide it on the table and I normally keep it in my pocket. The plastic has no grip so don't hold it too gently because it slipped off my hand once onto carpet.
katai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:08 PM   #124
iamartimus
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Wirelessly posted

I have my phone in the satin with a glasstr. It does add weight to a naked phone (with the glasstr), and it is noticeable, but I love it. It feels so solid, no creaking, lifting, nothing! I was working overnight and usually carry my phone in my left front pants pocket, but I had it in my left breast shirt pocket of my uniform. I got out of my car and bent over to grab something and it fell out onto the asphalt parking lot, I guess about 3 feet or so. Not a scratch front, back, or corners.
So the case worked for what it is intended for, to protect my phone and the bonus is ip the case and sp still look great!

Last edited by iamartimus; Jan 1, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
iamartimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:39 PM   #125
Che Castro
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: May 2009
They should sell the middle part separate
I would like to switch colors from time to time


Is that glasst screen protector worth it ? I already have ghost armor in the front
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spigen Slim Armor S Dimensions luke.twomey85 iPhone Accessories 1 Dec 1, 2013 12:20 AM
Spigen Slim Armor question mauigizmo iPhone Accessories 7 Oct 19, 2013 09:32 PM
Spigen Slim Armor Frames JMies419 iPhone Accessories 10 Mar 28, 2013 08:13 PM
Spigen Armor Slim vs Tones Robby29 iPhone Accessories 21 Feb 18, 2013 05:00 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC