Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:17 PM   #1
DutchApples
macrumors newbie

Good Deal on Vintage Products?

Last night, I bought the following from someone:

15" Titanium Powerbook G4 667 (no battery but working)
iMac G3 400 (Works but no Airport Card)
Working Stylewriter II printer with cables
Original Airport Basestation in box
All original manuals/disks/and bunch of accessories like webcam, 2 chargers, etc.
Imogea Zip Drive

Price paid: $100 total

Good deal?
DutchApples is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:51 AM   #2
wordsworth
macrumors member

If you can put it all to good use say a small, basic home office set-up (and you have the room to put it somewhere, too) then I'd say it's probably a very nice deal. I still have a G3 iMac that can be put to use on occasion, if need be, and I once owned a StyleWriter II printer and Iomega Zip drive (in fact I still have a USB version of the latter somewhere). Those were happy days! I can understand how some people get obsessed by classic cars. Apple stuff has a similar attraction to some.

One thing: does the StyleWriter have a serial-to-USB connector? My understanding is that these printers never reached the USB port era themselves.

When the Titanium PowerBook was released I thought it was a beautiful machine. It certainly set the tone for what would eventually become the MacBook Pro as far as its looks are concerned. I still hanker for one myself but have nowhere to put it and I already bought a clamshell iBook mainly for nostalgia reasons. I love my white MacBook but it's time for a Mac Mini, next upgrade.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:12 AM   #3
kgian
macrumors regular

It's a good price. You will have some fun trying to make them to work. Toys for (big) boys.
kgian is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice