Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliman5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Hello All,

In short I got my first Mac today after being a Windows user all this time. Everything is going well thus far bar one issue with iPhoto...

In short I transferred all of my photos from a USB drive into iPhoto, and now iPhoto is obsessed with trying to upload 10,000+ photos to photo stream!

I have checked and unchecked the option not to do this, but every time I re-enable it starts the huge upload again.

It seems to think because 10k photos were imported in the last 30 days, it must upload them and there is no obvious cancel button.

Can someone help or do I just have to wait 30 days and hope that it will stop?

Thanks

Ali

SWPROX

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver,Canada
Go to iPhoto preferences and turn off Photo Stream,or you can keep it on and turn off the automatically upload option.

This should work,works well for me.

aliman5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for replies so far, however I want to view my photo stream as it will contain photos from iPhone and iPad, I just don't want to upload from MacBook?

It would seem by enabling photo stream, iPhoto just has to upload any local photos added in the last 30 days?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.