Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingin t's

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Hello everyone :)

I have Boycott Advance installed on my 2012 Macbook Air and the emulation is nearly perfect. Save states work. It works with a PS1 USB controller just fine. However, the sound is really terrible, it sounds weak and like static. Fullscreen works though!

I also have Visual Boy Advance 1.7.4 installed. Fullscreen does not work, it crashes every single time. The largest window size is 4x set in preferences which isn't big enough for me. But the sound is 100% perfect.

Is there an emulator that allows fullscreen and perfect sound under OSX Lion?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think MacBoyAdvance works, but I'm not sure whether it has fullscreen. I'm at work right now so I can't test it.

Be aware that it puts saved games into the Applications folder; I lost all mine once because I didn't keep that folder backed up!

Sergeant Pepper

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
OpenEmu. Emulates just about everything, and has a fantastic UI. It's only available as source code at the moment, but all you have to do is download Xcode and the source code and click "Build" and you've got a working copy. Or I could provide the copy I built myself.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
OpenEmu. Emulates just about everything, and has a fantastic UI. It's only available as source code at the moment, but all you have to do is download Xcode and the source code and click "Build" and you've got a working copy. Or I could provide the copy I built myself.

This looks very very interesting I will be watching this one, thanks you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.