|Dec 12, 2012, 06:10 AM||#1|
2012 Mini - Update to 10.8.2 or wait for 10.8.3?
My 2012 Mini came with 10.8.1 installed...now that Apple has re-released 10.8.2 for the 2012 Mini I haven't seen much chatter about it in here either good or bad. Is it worth the update now, or is 10.8.3 close enough that I might as well hold off another couple weeks? I'm not experiencing any issues with 10.8.1 (that I'm aware of anyway).
2012 2.3GHz i7 Mini, 16GB RAM; 2009 2.93 GHz C2D iMac, 8GB RAM, GT120 GPU
1.83 GHz CD Mini, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD; 1.25 GHz 17" G4 iMac, 2GB RAM, 128GB SSD
64GB Silver iPhone 5s, 64GB White iPad Air
|Dec 12, 2012, 06:59 AM||#2|
It's always good to keep your Mac updated to the most recent version. It's prudent to wait a couple of days and let the neophytes test any problems, of course.
EDIT: Just check the Build numbers on Wikipedia, and it seems I'm running the original 10.8.2 on my 2012 mini before it was pulled. I generally install every update as soon as it's available. I've not had any problems with it.
Even if there are issues, Apple uses sorts them out quickly. The worst one was 10.6.6, which knackered OpenType fonts, and I had to reinstall an earlier version until they introduced a Supplementary Fix.
If you wait for the next update, in the hope that will fix everything, you'll always be waiting!
Last edited by benwiggy; Dec 12, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mac Mini 2012 HDMI issues. Update FIX||glasgood||Mac mini||53||Mar 14, 2015 03:33 PM|
|wifi update for late 2012 mini||jacky28c||Mac mini||7||Dec 21, 2012 01:52 PM|
|iPad Mini: Which would you rather have? 2012 MBA 11" or 2012 Mac Mini + iPad Mini?||dmk1974||iPad||30||Dec 4, 2012 05:09 PM|
|buy a used mac mini 2011 model or wait for 2012 mac mini?||Che Castro||Buying Tips and Advice||2||Sep 7, 2012 11:06 PM|
|Can't WAIT 2012 Mac mini!||stvchu||Mac mini||91||Jul 15, 2012 03:36 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.