Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caressamba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I can't find anything else about this problem but having swapped my handset I'm still getting it - hoping someone can help!

I usually listen to my music on shuffle, and since having the 4s (never had this problem on my 4), when I come back to the music player it has skipped back a number of songs in the shuffle order. I'll then have to skip back forwards to get to where I was, even though it was paused part way through a track. This is quite often around 50 songs! It's annoying because although I could just reshuffle, certain songs definitely play more than others.

It also happened when I'd been listening to an album. A few days later, having moved on and listening to something else, I stuck my music on again to find it had reverted back to the album from before.

I hope that makes sense - has anyone else had this issue? It's weird that a swap-out didn't fix it. A hard reset didn't either, and obviously when I swapped the phone I re-synced the music library. The original handset also never seemed to be pulling songs from the whole library although there seems to be a bit more variety since the swap so maybe this is fixed.

Please someone help if you can! I know it doesn't sound a lot but its irritating when I'm always on shuffle!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.