Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Victoriamariiee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I need some help, I have an iPod touch 4th generation 32GB that is running iOS 6.0.1. since this afternoon when i turned on my iPod touch i was having some issues with the Mail app (it wouldn't send one of my e-mails, kept saying "sending 1 of 1" and would not go away) I managed to get that fixed so i went to open up Facebook and everything seemed ok until I clicked to open my messages...they wouldn't update it just kept trying to update but nothing happened, even on my homepage it kept saying "Updating" so i removed the app and removed my facebook profile from my settings in my iPod and re-entered them

I re downloaded the facebook app, and now when i open it, it's stuck on a white page with a spinning circle in the middle...i can see the blue bar on the top (friends, messages, notifications etc) but when i click on them it's just white with the spinning circle...also for when i try to go to messages same thing :-( just keeps saying "Loading" - when the spinning circle stops the page is just white where the news feed/etc is suppose to be...

What could be wrong? I have tried hard resets, re-setting network settings, shutting off my router, powering down, removing/re-downloading app but nothing is working...could something be wrong with my iPod touch's internet connection? cause i know i have this game that will not work says "No internet connection" even though i do have internet connection!! I can access the internet fine (I am on WiFi connection) it shows i have WiFi connection and i can use safari no problem, can anyone help me with this please?

Also when I log out and try to log back in it always says "Timed out unable to connect to Facebook. Please check your internet connection and try again." My internet connection works cause like I said I can access safari no problem and other apps (app store, Mail etc), I don't understand why it's saying this :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.