Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1
PaperQueen
macrumors 6502

Good alternatives for Spell Catcher -and- XMarks?

Am looking for alternatives to two apps that are driving. Me. Crazy.

Spell Catcher
Forces FileMaker to crash repeatedly unless you turn off 64-bit...if you turn off 64-bit, it screws up in a ton of other apps.

XMarks
Ever since FastPass bought them, the app's been a mess. Keeps throwing errors several times each day, duplicates bookmarks, deletes bookmarks, makes me nuts. (No, I don't use Chrome Bookmarks, so that can't be the culprit.)

Suggestions, anyone? Thanks in advance for your ever-amazing wisdom.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:08 AM   #2
cgm707
macrumors member

Xmarks alternative

I would like to find a program better than Xmarks, also. Anyone?
cgm707 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:24 AM   #3
CmdrSudoMonkey
macrumors newbie

For what it's worth i'm intrigued on this answer too. But my goog-fu has been wanting and haven't found a good alternative.

Yes, I'm aware of how Chrome can sync and Firefox can sync bookmarks. I'd be interested of a way that it connects to dropbox to sync multiple pcs with an extension.

To be honest though XMarks hasn't had the issues your describing and I use Chrome as well on both Windows 8, XP (work pc) and on my mac OS X 10.8.
CmdrSudoMonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:31 PM   #4
dianeoforegon
macrumors 6502

URLManager Pro http://www.url-manager.com/

Has been around for a long time. Alco Blom is the author and is very active on his discussion group. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/urlmanagerpro/
dianeoforegon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store