Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
So I got the lifeproof case for my iphone 5. I do like the protection that is claims that is has. The screen protecter is really starting to bother me. At the top it is lifted from the phone with some foam in the inside which makes or really hard to touch the top of the screen. My questions has any one tried to take that foam out and make it flush with the screen? If I can't do that then I may just give up on this case.

n2deep

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah I agree.... I think the foam is there to help with the rainbow effect for the plastic touching the screen. I liked the one one my 4s but not this one on my 5. Im just going to use it when i'm out on the water or when I need the extra protection.

Kenjhee

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
I never noticed that spacer until now. 'Tis a bit annoyng. I also intend not to use the case except for special situations, so for me it's not that big a problem. I just like knowing it's there if I need it. Still a great case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.