Brand new ssd drive dissapeared after clean install!! - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1
jebe68
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Brand new ssd drive dissapeared after clean install!!

After hours of replacing the old drive with an expensive SSD from ozc, my iMac 3,06 looked happy. The SSD showed up, so I reformatted it (extended journaled) before starting the clean install of Mountain Lion.

That looked good untill the text showed up which said something in line of; that some elements of Mountain Lion were unable to install.

There was only one thing: quit and try again.

But after that I was not able to find the SSD drive; not with disk utility from a start up Snow Leopard dvd, not with a Diskwarrior4.3 disk.

Help!!!!

I know it has not died, only it was harmed by a bad, self made Mountain Lion install USB stick.

What to do??
jebe68 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion