Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:08 PM   #1
HunterHol
macrumors newbie

Just started programming on Mac

Well the title says it all, I am a very curious person and I am thirsty for knowledge. I downloaded Xcode earlier today and I have no idea which program to use, I saw something with C++ and Cocoa and I started one just to check out the interface.
I have tried to download multiple coding programs and Xcode is the only one I could get to work so if you will have any suggestions on books, websites, please let it be in the program I downloaded, not anything else! I am quick to learn and tutorials on what is in there would be greatly appreciated.
HunterHol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:09 PM   #2
lee1210
macrumors 68040

See this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1506780

Do you have any previous programming experience? What are your goals? What is your budget (time, money, motivation)?

-Lee
lee1210 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:47 AM   #3
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

I've been in this place. You need a goal - it's easy to get lost in the number of options. You need to look around and decide the kind of programming/development you want to do.

If you've never programmed in anything before I'd take a look at some C beginner tutorials - they'll give you a good grounding.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming