Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Java Overlord
macrumors newbie

Is there much more to update?

I guess they could add features to the iPhone, since its display is not retina yet (at least I haven't heard them say it on their website, and they like to boast retina tech). Anyways... in terms of the macbook pro, iPad, and imac, I don't see what else they can do to improve it. Technology is being pushed to its limits. Things can only get so thin and so light. You can only pack so-much ram into a computer. I don't see how they can add anything to the next generations of any of these devices.
Java Overlord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:37 PM   #2
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Overlord View Post
I guess they could add features to the iPhone, since its display is not retina yet
Incorrect.

Quote:
Anyways... in terms of the macbook pro, iPad, and imac, I don't see what else they can do to improve it. Technology is being pushed to its limits. Things can only get so thin and so light. You can only pack so-much ram into a computer. I don't see how they can add anything to the next generations of any of these devices.
I guess this is why you don't work for Apple designing new tech.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Java Overlord
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
Incorrect.

I guess this is why you don't work for Apple designing new tech.
Correct, I'm more of a software guy. There's always new features you can add to software.
Java Overlord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:51 PM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Overlord View Post
I guess they could add features to the iPhone, since its display is not retina yet (at least I haven't heard them say it on their website, and they like to boast retina tech).
The following is directly lifted from their main iPhone page, which has another page dedicated to features, which has a section about that what it does not have.
Quote:

The 4-inch Retina display lets you see more of everything. And everything you see is vivid and lifelike. It’s a larger, more beautiful canvas made the right way. Because even though the display is bigger, iPhone 5 is the same width as iPhone 4S. So it’s just as easy to use with one hand.
Quote:

More display means more to see.

Anyone can make a larger smartphone display. But if you go large for large’s sake, you end up with a phone that feels oversize, awkward, and hard to use. iPhone 5 features a 4-inch display designed the right way: it’s bigger, but it’s the same width as iPhone 4S. So everything you’ve always done with one hand — typing on the keyboard, for instance — you can still do with one hand. On a larger canvas that lets you see more of every web page. More of your inbox. More events on your calendar. Even more apps on your Home screen.

It’s more vibrant, too.

This isn’t just a larger display. It’s a larger Retina display. At 326 pixels per inch, it has a pixel density so high your eye can’t distinguish individual pixels. And as stunning as the Retina display is on the iPhone 4S, this one gives you 18 percent more pixels for an impressive 1136-by-640 resolution. Colors get a boost, too, with color saturation that’s 44 percent greater than before. So with iPhone 5, the games you play, the words you read, the images you see, and the apps you love look and feel incredibly vivid and lifelike. For big-time entertainment, iPhone 5 lets you watch widescreen HD video in all its glory — without letterboxing.
Quote:
Anyways... in terms of the macbook pro, iPad, and imac, I don't see what else they can do to improve it. Technology is being pushed to its limits. Things can only get so thin and so light. You can only pack so-much ram into a computer. I don't see how they can add anything to the next generations of any of these devices.
They will always find a way, and technology evolves rapidly and there are new technologies around every other corner. Just because you and I and others cannot think of how Apple can improve their products, does not mean, that Apple does not think about it. They probably have some kind of Research and Development laboratory somewhere in one of their buildings.

Ah, four posts, and three of them original posts of your own thread. Let's see how this develops.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion