Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i just noticed earlier that when typing a text message, the keyboard clicks were almost totally silent. i checked the volume rocker, it was at full volume. i also noticed a little later that when playing words with friends, that the sounds in the game were also lowered and not at full volume. i again, checked the in game volume and regular volume and both were at full.

sometimes rocking the vibrate toggle or lowering and then increasing the volume fixes the issue and puts it back to full. anyone else ever have this happen?

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
i just noticed earlier that when typing a text message, the keyboard clicks were almost totally silent. i checked the volume rocker, it was at full volume. i also noticed a little later that when playing words with friends, that the sounds in the game were also lowered and not at full volume. i again, checked the in game volume and regular volume and both were at full.

sometimes rocking the vibrate toggle or lowering and then increasing the volume fixes the issue and puts it back to full. anyone else ever have this happen?

It sounds to me like it is faulty hardware. Have you dropped your device or had any liquid damage? A speaker repair may fix the issue.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
nope, device works perfectly otherwise. and the issue is very rare, noticed it twice since ive owned it. im almost certain its software related.

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
nope, device works perfectly otherwise. and the issue is very rare, noticed it twice since ive owned it. im almost certain its software related.
If it's not consistent then it very well could be software, have you done restore?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
If it's not consistent then it very well could be software, have you done restore?

no not yet. it hasnt got to the point where i felt it was necessary. its so in frequent, that it wouldnt even be immediately noticeable if it helped.

noodlehead

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
my iPhone 5 does this

About every six months, the click sounds reduce by about three-quarters in volume. The fix for me is to turn the phone off and then back on. I have not had to hard reset it. Just off and on. I also get calls sometimes that I don't know about until the voice mail sound chimes. No ring. This is a very occasional occurrence, but annoying. I'm using Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.