Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:47 AM   #1
atteligibility
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
UPS notification: delivery on Friday!

Hey all,

I ordered the 27" and my stuff is supposedly stuck in Anchorage, AK right now, delivery estimate on Monday.

However, I am subscribed to UPS my choice, just received a notification that I will be delivered this Friday between 1:15 and 5:15

woohoo
atteligibility is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:52 AM   #2
CoreyLahey
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by atteligibility View Post
Hey all,

I ordered the 27" and my stuff is supposedly stuck in Anchorage, AK right now, delivery estimate on Monday.

However, I am subscribed to UPS my choice, just received a notification that I will be delivered this Friday between 1:15 and 5:15

woohoo
The UPS hotline told me the same thing a couple of hours ago, "if it clears customs smoothly, it will deliver on Friday". I really hope so, would be great to have it before the weekend!

So with UPS my choice, you obviously get more timely updates then? My tracking screen still shows the same "departed from Anchorage" status, and I never received a text notification after signing up.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:55 AM   #3
atteligibility
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyLahey View Post
The UPS hotline told me the same thing a couple of hours ago, "if it clears customs smoothly, it will deliver on Friday". I really hope so, would be great to have it before the weekend!

So with UPS my choice, you obviously get more timely updates then? My tracking screen still shows the same "departed from Anchorage" status, and I never received a text notification after signing up.
UPS my choice usually sends me an email a few minutes after midnight the day before I receive it. So in this case, it is a few minutes after midnight on Thursday, and it tells me about Friday delivery. And yes, the UPS website stills tells me the old Monday estimate, should update in a few hours...

The thing I like about the my choice email is that it tells you a 4 hour window timeframe, so you're not stuck home all day waiting for that delivery guy...
atteligibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:03 AM   #4
CoreyLahey
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by atteligibility View Post
UPS my choice usually sends me an email a few minutes after midnight the day before I receive it. So in this case, it is a few minutes after midnight on Thursday, and it tells me about Friday delivery. And yes, the UPS website stills tells me the old Monday estimate, should update in a few hours...

The thing I like about the my choice email is that it tells you a 4 hour window timeframe, so you're not stuck home all day waiting for that delivery guy...
Is mychoice free? If it is and nothing else speaks against it, I guess I'll sign up, since I often get stuff delivered through UPS.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:14 AM   #5
atteligibility
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyLahey View Post
Is mychoice free? If it is and nothing else speaks against it, I guess I'll sign up, since I often get stuff delivered through UPS.
I am not paying for it, I don't remember how I ended up signing, but this should be free.
It also lets you pick a 2 hour delivery window once you sign in to access the tracking status, never actually tried that.
atteligibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Scrapula
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by atteligibility View Post
Hey all,

I ordered the 27" and my stuff is supposedly stuck in Anchorage, AK right now, delivery estimate on Monday.

However, I am subscribed to UPS my choice, just received a notification that I will be delivered this Friday between 1:15 and 5:15

woohoo
I have UPS MyChoice. Mine still says Anchorage, AK. Delivery estimate on time Monday Dec 17th between 12:15 and 4:15.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyLahey View Post
Is mychoice free? If it is and nothing else speaks against it, I guess I'll sign up, since I often get stuff delivered through UPS.
It is free. But, if you change delivery options it will cost you $5. There's a pay version where you can change options for free.

For instance, I use it for items to be dropped off at the UPS store if I know that I won't be home to sign for them. That way, I can sign and pick up at the local shop.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:18 AM   #7
atteligibility
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I have UPS MyChoice. Mine still says Anchorage, AK. Delivery estimate on time Monday Dec 17th between 12:15 and 4:15.
To clarify, the mychoice website and the regular website both tell me Monday delivery.
But I received the email notification saying Friday. The email notification has always been correct on my other deliveries, so I am assuming that the website is just late to update.
atteligibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:23 AM   #8
Scrapula
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by atteligibility View Post
To clarify, the mychoice website and the regular website both tell me Monday delivery.
But I received the email notification saying Friday. The email notification has always been correct on my other deliveries, so I am assuming that the website is just late to update.
Weird, I only get status updates for day before delivery and again the morning of the delivery. I don't even see any other options. It must be Thursday in your time zone. It is still Wednesday here.
Scrapula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:28 AM   #9
bobright
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I can sleep better now, great.
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:31 AM   #10
Ak907Freerider
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Funny seeing all these macs goes through anchorage Alaska . Iam in anchorage and you would be shocked how much companies charge to ship here yet we are a main hub for a lot of shipping
Ak907Freerider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:32 AM   #11
atteligibility
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
Weird, I only get status updates for day before delivery and again the morning of the delivery. I don't even see any other options. It must be Thursday in your time zone. It is still Wednesday here.
That probably explains why, I am in central time zone, got the email at 12:44 am

You probably just need to wait a couple of hours
atteligibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:33 AM   #12
CoreyLahey
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
Weird, I only get status updates for day before delivery and again the morning of the delivery. I don't even see any other options. It must be Thursday in your time zone. It is still Wednesday here.
Yeah, I hope we see that email in 30 minutes ; ) I just signed up for my choice
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:46 AM   #13
atteligibility
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyLahey View Post
Yeah, I hope we see that email in 30 minutes ; ) I just signed up for my choice
Here's a screenshot while you wait
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	383238  
atteligibility is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:51 AM   #14
CoreyLahey
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by atteligibility View Post
Here's a screenshot while you wait
Hope to see one of those addressed to me soon ; ) With a delivery by the 14th, Apple's original delivery quote would be bested by 7-14 days.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:36 AM   #15
Scrapula
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
I just got my update at 00:32 pacific time. Mine will be here on Friday 12/14 from 12:15 - 4:15.
Scrapula is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:18 AM   #16
CoreyLahey
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I just got my update at 00:32 pacific time. Mine will be here on Friday 12/14 from 12:15 - 4:15.
I haven't gotten a message, hope that's only because I signed up 30 minutes to midnight in my time zone?

Edit: UPS Hotline confirmed once again, delivery tomorrow between 12:30 and 4:15. They just don't know why every one else was getting the email and I haven't, told me to revise my email (which has been correct). Man, I shouldn't have signed up for mychoice that late, definitely caused me more worries than anything ; )

Last edited by CoreyLahey; Dec 13, 2012 at 08:35 AM.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:30 PM   #17
atteligibility
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
WTF, this thing is sitting in Louisville?
And they don't bother to send an email notification to correct the original email?

What's the point of giving a 4 hour window if the thing arrives 3 days later!?

Anybody talked to them?
atteligibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:39 PM   #18
hfg
macrumors 68020
 
hfg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atteligibility View Post
WTF, this thing is sitting in Louisville?
And they don't bother to send an email notification to correct the original email?

What's the point of giving a 4 hour window if the thing arrives 3 days later!?

Anybody talked to them?
I got the same thing ... got the eMail yesterday saying delivery Friday afternoon even though UPS tracking showed Monday delivery and last entry was departure scan from Anchorage 12/11 @ 9:10. Great

Nooooo .... today at noon my tracking updates with:
Code:
Location	Date	Local Time	Activity
Louisville, KY, United States	 12/14/2012	 12:10 P.M.	Import Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States	 12/11/2012	 9:10 P.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/12/2012	 5:12 A.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/11/2012	 2:11 P.M.	Export Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/10/2012	 10:50 P.M.	Departure Scan
12/10/2012	 6:45 P.M.	Origin Scan
China	 12/10/2012	 7:21 A.M.	Order Processed: Ready for UPS
So ... I am not holding my breath waiting for delivery today ...
hfg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:40 PM   #19
BSoares
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USA
Someone said they called and UPS said My Choice is only accurate for domestic stuff, international packages can be off and might arrive later than My Choice estimated.

All these iMacs that were in KY for 2 days will arrive Monday, they just started leaving this afternoon after clearing customs.
BSoares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:46 PM   #20
atteligibility
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
Someone said they called and UPS said My Choice is only accurate for domestic stuff, international packages can be off and might arrive later than My Choice estimated.

All these iMacs that were in KY for 2 days will arrive Monday, they just started leaving this afternoon after clearing customs.
The email doesn't talk about estimate or anything, it says delivery on Friday, "Approximate delivery time between 1:15 and 5:15", that's what approximate means, 3 days later !??

I would almost not care, if they had the courtesy to send another notice the day before to correct the first one.

Instead, I have cleared my schedule to be at home all afternoon and now I have got to do the same on Monday, and who knows Tuesday... ?
atteligibility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:55 PM   #21
CoreyLahey
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
They confirmed delivery for today on the phone yesterday, but then I saw the updated tracking. This thing has been sitting in Kentucky for 3 ****ing days? They can't blame that on customs, FedEx was delivering 2 days ago already. It really pisses me off.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:26 PM   #22
CoreyLahey
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyLahey View Post
They confirmed delivery for today on the phone yesterday, but then I saw the updated tracking. This thing has been sitting in Kentucky for 3 ****ing days? They can't blame that on customs, FedEx was delivering 2 days ago already. It really pisses me off.
Just had a very polite conversation with them, they neither could tell me why it was in Louisville so long or why two different reps told me yesterday it will be delivered. Had I asked what UPS stands for, they probably wouldn't have known that either. At least I now know it is on it's way here, because their elaborate tracking system shows that it departed Louisville.

The real problem is I was expecting it today, thanks to their Hotline. When I called them the in the beginning of the week, they said "might be Friday, no guarantees". When I called yesterday, the first lady told me "definitely Friday, between 12:15 and 4:15", the second one told me "Friday guaranteed, but we cannot give time estimates". In the future I won't be calling hotlines anymore. I also won't visit delivery threads on the Internet. Monday is still early in comparison to Apple's quotes, the whole thing is just a bad case of unfulfilled expectations.

On a side note: Apple had given me the "infamous next day delivery", when I asked for expedited shipping. I didn't know it at the time, but that does not exist with international deliveries (I assume the rep from Apple didn't have a clue either). So, it defaulted to UPS, who use the word "expedited" in a way I use toilet paper.
CoreyLahey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iMac delivery by UPS- quick question dbrewer80221 iMac 15 Jan 27, 2013 05:55 AM
Line Ups Next Friday Redsfan iPad 32 Oct 26, 2012 05:01 PM
So whos still waiting for UPS for 10:30 AM delivery? Lamarak iPhone 0 Sep 21, 2012 02:48 PM
So do you HAVE to sign for iPhone delivery Friday? duelingdragons iPhone 12 Sep 17, 2012 10:15 AM
UPS systems will be so messed up this thursday and friday Juicy D. Links iPhone 17 Sep 16, 2012 09:46 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC