Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:59 PM   #26
Nychot
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Dont expect apple to do it for free. They will charge you the $99 for applecare+ and the 49.99 to swap you a new one. The new one comes in a brown box and your cracked one goes in it to be shipped back to apple. So keep your original box at home so when you sell your swapped new one you'll have an original box altho with a dufferent serial number.
Nychot is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:30 PM   #27
Aspasia
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xikum View Post
He said it was his mum who broke it accidentally. You know, that person who gave birth to you, put a roof over your head, fed you...

OP, cant you buy Applecare+ over the phone or online? If so, buy it, then simply take it to the Apple store in a weeks time and say you just broke it a day before.
So, you are suggesting that it is more moral that the OP's mother not take responsibility for the repair because of filial duty, but it's completely okay to lie to Apple and commit fraud.

Amazing.
Aspasia is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:37 PM   #28
Meltdownblitz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Not sure if you paid with a credit card, if you did, check if it has purchase protection. That'll cover the damage seeing its still within your 90 days of purchasing.
Meltdownblitz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:24 AM   #29
725032
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
OP i feel sorry for you but i do not believe you should get a free replacement/fix from the genius bar.

It was your fault (your mothers in this case) and you should pay for it.

We all must learn to look after our belongings.

If you bought a new car and dinged it would you expect a free repair?

Please be responsible for your actions like everyone else.
725032 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:17 AM   #30
Chocolatemilty
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for all of your replies everyone.

I understand the moral dilemma, and I'm not trying to get a handout or anything, as I understand that your decisions begets what will happen to you, so I'm not going to try to reason on that. I know I could have had a case on it, as I did have a Smart Cover but sent it back since it wasnt doing the job (a smart case for iPad mini would've been dope). I personally have been babying it until I get a nice folio case, but with finals and Christmas here, I told myself using the cash I have for Christmas for my family and friends was more important than spending more on myself. In hindsight, that seems silly with a cracked mini right now, but it made sense at the time.

In any event, with dwindled funds that'll be replenished at the next paycheck, I'll try my luck on Applecare+ then, and if apple support is still in the holiday giving mood, have it applied. Since it's not hindering the use of my mini and is merely cosmetic, I can hold off for a bit in getting the replacement thereafter so as to not seem like I'm being fradulent. On the real, I would've had AppleCare+ if not for the price. Yes, I know some might say if you can't get the full Monty, save until you can. I understand that, but again, using hindsight to arrive at that conclusion is much easier than without it.

If no applecare+ is available, I'll make do. The carbon fiber skin option is a good one. Most likely I won't resell this one, I'll keep it in the family and pass it along when the retina model arrives.

In the grand scheme of everything and with it being the holiday season (and the fact that my mother got me some cheesecake to say sorry today, even though she can't fix it, it felt like its already fixed), all will be well. I'll let you all know if I have luck retroactively applying AppleCare soon.

Thanks y'all!
Chocolatemilty is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:02 AM   #31
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
You can ask Apple for sure. Bring mom to the appointment and tell her to bring her pocketbook.
GoCubsGo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:14 AM   #32
Hello...
macrumors 6502a
 
Hello...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Sending you some of my luck, they have replaced both my kids iPhone 5s free of charge, one in a road rage encounter the other was dropped from a shelf, wishing you the best!
Hello... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:56 AM   #33
burritolove
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
seems like some of you here obviously dont give a **** about your mothers/family. all these "make her pay" comments are rediculous. in 29, if my mother threw my ipad out the window i would just get on with my day, not yell at her and tell her to pay up. you only have ONE mother, you can buy MANY ipads

OP, go to an apple store and be honest and see what happens, like mentioned earlier, worst case scenario you will buy a replacement ipad or a skinz
burritolove is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:04 AM   #34
bevsb2
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Agree with above. I have a feeling OP's mother would buy a new mini if she could. OP I wish you the best of luck in getting a replacement ipad mini from Apple. With all the people buying the mini to try it and then returning it, I don't know why anyone would worry about Apple replacing an accidentally broken one for free.
bevsb2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:47 AM   #35
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiPi View Post
OP i feel sorry for you but i do not believe you should get a free replacement/fix from the genius bar.

It was your fault (your mothers in this case) and you should pay for it.

We all must learn to look after our belongings.

If you bought a new car and dinged it would you expect a free repair?

Please be responsible for your actions like everyone else.
Spare us the morality lesson. There is nothing wrong with buying the ac+ and then paying the $49. Apple has provided for this avenue of repair and they are not being blindsided or cheated.
ZipZap is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:48 PM   #36
725032
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Spare us the morality lesson. There is nothing wrong with buying the ac+ and then paying the $49. Apple has provided for this avenue of repair and they are not being blindsided or cheated.
It will not work.

Looking forward to the OP's update
725032 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:16 PM   #37
Chocolatemilty
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone!

I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to update y'all on my iPad mini. So, I went ahead and tried my luck today after a lengthy holding pattern with my cracked mini, went with my mother and some pictures of how the salt shaker fell outta the cabinet and onto my mini and went straight to the genius that I saw helping another customer with a cracked iPhone. I observed for a bit and overheard that he too had just the standard warranty and his story was that his baby had slapped his iPhone outta his hand and onto the floor (we can debate how plausible this is or how smart it is to have your naked iPhone out around your baby, but I can see it. My nephews have almost hit mine outta my hands before as well). Long story short, he got his replaced for free, so I went to that specific genius. I didn't know if my Apple store would allow me to go to a specific genius, though, so I might have just lucked up. Anyways, I told them what happened, with my mother there for confirmation, and the genius went in the back and brought back a pristine iPad mini. I was so overjoyed I actually hugged the genius! Hahaha! In another case of "Apple, you're dope as hell," the genius allowed me to add AppleCare+ right then and didn't charge me for the first deductible case. Now, that's taking care of the customer! I've been internally getting on Apple with some of their practices and the feeling iOS is getting left behind (and my iPhone battery continuing to suffer), but this is something I must tip my hat to. They didn't have to help me out like this, but they did. Granted, they sure did get $99 out of me, but according to their terms, they didn't have to do that, too. I was satisfied with the outcome in more ways than one.

I also took up one of the suggestions on the carbon fiber skin and ordered one in addition to a nice screen protector and applied it when I got home. Next step is a nice folio protective case that props it up nicely. Any suggestions, folks? I've also attached pics so you can see how the carbon fiber skin looks on the mini. I love it. Makes it more grippy and a little more edgy in its styling.

Thanks for all of your responses, y'all!



__________________
-Major K-
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2011)/ iPod Classic 80GB Black/ iPhone 4S 16GB White/ iPad Mini Wifi 16GB White
Chocolatemilty is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:39 PM   #38
guitarmandp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I was at a party a month ago and the person didn't have any way to play music and shouted "If anybody has an iPod dock I would really appreciate it if you brought it so we can have music and dance"

I came back with my Bose Sounddock portable, a Bluetooth adapter, and my iPad retina. A lot of the music played was on my iPad. Some girl that was trashed took my iPad to look at the music I had on it and she dropped my iPad. I don't know what I would have done if the screen cracked but thankfully it did not crack.
guitarmandp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:56 PM   #39
imlovinit
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Looks good!
__________________
Enough products to keep me distracted.
imlovinit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:12 AM   #40
Fruit Cake
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmandp View Post
I was at a party a month ago and the person didn't have any way to play music and shouted "If anybody has an iPod dock I would really appreciate it if you brought it so we can have music and dance"

I came back with my Bose Sounddock portable, a Bluetooth adapter, and my iPad retina. A lot of the music played was on my iPad. Some girl that was trashed took my iPad to look at the music I had on it and she dropped my iPad. I don't know what I would have done if the screen cracked but thankfully it did not crack.
Was she hot?
Fruit Cake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:02 AM   #41
guitarmandp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Cake View Post
Was she hot?
There were a lot of hot girls there but she wasn't, plus she is married and her husband is like twice my size. I would have been screwed if the screen was cracked.
guitarmandp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:20 AM   #42
expertsolutions
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
I think best way to deal with this is to change the whole frame. Check your local shop.. Might cost you less..
expertsolutions is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:00 AM   #43
Jman13
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmandp View Post
There were a lot of hot girls there but she wasn't, plus she is married and her husband is like twice my size. I would have been screwed if the screen was cracked.
Was she a jerk too? Because regardless of the size of her husband (is he mean too?), most people would pay for the repair if they break one of your electronics.

I'm a big guy, and I'm sure I can look intimidating to many people, but if I dropped someone's iPad and shattered it at a party, I'd pay the repair cost.
Jman13 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:18 AM   #44
guitarmandp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman13 View Post
Was she a jerk too? Because regardless of the size of her husband (is he mean too?), most people would pay for the repair if they break one of your electronics.

I'm a big guy, and I'm sure I can look intimidating to many people, but if I dropped someone's iPad and shattered it at a party, I'd pay the repair cost.
One of those screens cost $200 to replace, not everybody has a spare $200 when they are raising kids
guitarmandp is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:19 AM   #45
TWO2SEVEN
macrumors Demi-God
 
TWO2SEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
This might help cover it and keep the cracks from spreading without making it obvious.

http://www.spigen.com/tablets/apple/...ss-series.html

EDIT: Posted this before I saw that you got it replaced.

Glad it worked out for you.
__________________
Two2seveN
www.facebook.com/applefixdfw
Instagram: @AppleFixDFW
TWO2SEVEN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:01 AM   #46
Jman13
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmandp View Post
One of those screens cost $200 to replace, not everybody has a spare $200 when they are raising kids
I understand...then don't handle peoples expensive gadgets. If somebody broke my expensive gadget and their response was 'got kids...sorry', I'd be pretty upset. I've got kids too, and while I have some disposable income to spend on fun stuff, having to shell out $200-300 on an iPad repair that wasn't mine would suck...but I'd still do it if I broke somebody else's stuff.
Jman13 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 AM   #47
guitarmandp
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman13 View Post
I understand...then don't handle peoples expensive gadgets. If somebody broke my expensive gadget and their response was 'got kids...sorry', I'd be pretty upset. I've got kids too, and while I have some disposable income to spend on fun stuff, having to shell out $200-300 on an iPad repair that wasn't mine would suck...but I'd still do it if I broke somebody else's stuff.
Not everybody is responsible like you. In the real world people don't own up to their mistakes.
guitarmandp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:46 AM   #48
JoshMKB24
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatemilty View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to update y'all on my iPad mini. So, I went ahead and tried my luck today after a lengthy holding pattern with my cracked mini, went with my mother and some pictures of how the salt shaker fell outta the cabinet and onto my mini and went straight to the genius that I saw helping another customer with a cracked iPhone. I observed for a bit and overheard that he too had just the standard warranty and his story was that his baby had slapped his iPhone outta his hand and onto the floor (we can debate how plausible this is or how smart it is to have your naked iPhone out around your baby, but I can see it. My nephews have almost hit mine outta my hands before as well). Long story short, he got his replaced for free, so I went to that specific genius. I didn't know if my Apple store would allow me to go to a specific genius, though, so I might have just lucked up. Anyways, I told them what happened, with my mother there for confirmation, and the genius went in the back and brought back a pristine iPad mini. I was so overjoyed I actually hugged the genius! Hahaha! In another case of "Apple, you're dope as hell," the genius allowed me to add AppleCare+ right then and didn't charge me for the first deductible case. Now, that's taking care of the customer! I've been internally getting on Apple with some of their practices and the feeling iOS is getting left behind (and my iPhone battery continuing to suffer), but this is something I must tip my hat to. They didn't have to help me out like this, but they did. Granted, they sure did get $99 out of me, but according to their terms, they didn't have to do that, too. I was satisfied with the outcome in more ways than one.

I also took up one of the suggestions on the carbon fiber skin and ordered one in addition to a nice screen protector and applied it when I got home. Next step is a nice folio protective case that props it up nicely. Any suggestions, folks? I've also attached pics so you can see how the carbon fiber skin looks on the mini. I love it. Makes it more grippy and a little more edgy in its styling.

Thanks for all of your responses, y'all!

Image

Image
Congrats on getting it replaced and all........but why didn't your mom pay for it if she is the 1 who was using it when it got busted?
__________________
Lots of Apple stuff........
JoshMKB24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:12 AM   #49
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatemilty View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to update y'all on my iPad mini. So, I went ahead and tried my luck today after a lengthy holding pattern with my cracked mini, went with my mother and some pictures of how the salt shaker fell outta the cabinet and onto my mini and went straight to the genius that I saw helping another customer with a cracked iPhone. I observed for a bit and overheard that he too had just the standard warranty and his story was that his baby had slapped his iPhone outta his hand and onto the floor (we can debate how plausible this is or how smart it is to have your naked iPhone out around your baby, but I can see it. My nephews have almost hit mine outta my hands before as well). Long story short, he got his replaced for free, so I went to that specific genius. I didn't know if my Apple store would allow me to go to a specific genius, though, so I might have just lucked up. Anyways, I told them what happened, with my mother there for confirmation, and the genius went in the back and brought back a pristine iPad mini. I was so overjoyed I actually hugged the genius! Hahaha! In another case of "Apple, you're dope as hell," the genius allowed me to add AppleCare+ right then and didn't charge me for the first deductible case. Now, that's taking care of the customer! I've been internally getting on Apple with some of their practices and the feeling iOS is getting left behind (and my iPhone battery continuing to suffer), but this is something I must tip my hat to. They didn't have to help me out like this, but they did. Granted, they sure did get $99 out of me, but according to their terms, they didn't have to do that, too. I was satisfied with the outcome in more ways than one.

I also took up one of the suggestions on the carbon fiber skin and ordered one in addition to a nice screen protector and applied it when I got home. Next step is a nice folio protective case that props it up nicely. Any suggestions, folks? I've also attached pics so you can see how the carbon fiber skin looks on the mini. I love it. Makes it more grippy and a little more edgy in its styling.

Thanks for all of your responses, y'all!

Image

Image
Congratulations on your swap out,,,but, some advice,,,don't place your iPad face down on the granite worktop, it's likely to get scratched or the case can get dented,,,eventually. Just a tip!
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?
Defender2010 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:25 PM   #50
BeeJee
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island/Philly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMKB24 View Post
Congrats on getting it replaced and all........but why didn't your mom pay for it if she is the 1 who was using it when it got busted?
Why would they pay for something when they were able to get it for free.... Some people on these forums are too thick.
BeeJee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: How much to fix cracked iPad mini screen? pjny iPad 41 May 9, 2014 05:05 AM
iPad mini cracked screen: will it get worse? dagdagdag234 iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Mar 18, 2014 03:04 PM
iPad Mini Cracked Screen eorde iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Sep 20, 2013 04:18 AM
iPad Mini: Best ipad mini case to avoid cracked screen? pjny iPad Accessories 1 Feb 2, 2013 01:04 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC