Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does Your Apple Earbud Produce Uneven Sound?

• Yes, One Side is Slightly Louder

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, Perfectly Even Sound

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

touchipods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
So I started to use the apple earphones that comes with the touch 4g (not the earpods). Previously I used different company earbud. My issue is the low notes and bass-comes out louder on the right earbud. The vocals and mid-tones are even. To make sure it wasn't my ears, I tried my previous earphones and it was even left-and-right.

I'm not talking about when during some songs, the right or left side will play and the other side silent. Rather when it's a consistent beat (such as boom boom boom)-the right is louder.

I'd say 45% left and 50% right in terms of bass/low notes sound level. Is this a defect or did Apple make these earbuds that way? Also my hearing is pretty good so even if I did go to Apple store, not sure if they'd notice what I'm hearing...

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
settings - general - accessibility - adjust audio channels.

Hope it helps.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
If you just recently bought the iPod, go into a store and tell them that you're getting uneven sound. They'll take your word for it and get you a pair from the back. They can't test them or anything like that mainly because it's a hygiene issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.