Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:58 AM   #51
Imac&SoShouldU
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbir4444 View Post
Some of you guys make no sense. Some people have an Android phone and a Mac. After all, this site is called MACrumors.
It makes perfect sense...I said TROLL the site. Ill give you the benefit of the doubt..Guess you don't know what it means.
Imac&SoShouldU is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:00 AM   #52
KPOM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw360 View Post
Samsung Galaxy OS coming soon....
sOS?
KPOM is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:08 AM   #53
paul4339
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I would say Samsung proprietary Services coming soon (as he acknowledges it's Apple's ecosystem the differentiator and services like iCloud).... Then, they can offer services on any Samsung-only products regardless of OS (Bada, Tizen, Android) or possibly even TV's and laptops. This will make Samsung products harder to copy/clone/commoditize by the Chinese.

paul4339 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:13 AM   #54
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac&SoShouldU View Post
It makes perfect sense...I said TROLL the site. Ill give you the benefit of the doubt..Guess you don't know what it means.
I've been reading comments on this site for quite some time and I would have to say that many commenters here don't know what trolling means then. I have been asked to "leave this site" by users many times because I corrected them on some ridiculous claim they made regarding Android.

There are Android trolls here but very few. Many iOS users are just intolerant towards Android users. You can see this in any Google or Samsung thread here.

Last edited by dalbir4444; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
dalbir4444 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:14 AM   #55
koban4max
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will do good View Post
This is a scary guy, know you enemy well and you can defeat him.
How is he an enemy?
koban4max is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:30 AM   #56
HishamAkhtar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Are you really so sensitive about commercials?
I was being sarcastic...
HishamAkhtar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:39 AM   #57
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishamAkhtar View Post
I was being sarcastic...
Sorry, I couldn't tell. If you read the comments on yesterday's thread, then you would understand why I wouldn't see this as sarcasm.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:48 AM   #58
LagunaSol
Banned

Quote:
Yep, you know it's coming. Google has created a monster in Samsung and that monster will eventually eat its creator.
LagunaSol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:53 AM   #59
divideby
macrumors newbie

Quote:
...and with it a new round of lawsuits from Apple...?

I mean if the guy is using Apple software, likes how it works, wants an ecosystem... The article really sounds like the beginnings of more "copying."
divideby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:59 AM   #60
phpmaven
macrumors 68000

In other news: Samsung just fired it's New Strategy Chief.
phpmaven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:27 PM   #61
AppliedMicro
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpmaven View Post
Joking aside, It'd be quite dumb for any company to fire senior executives for speaking truth like he does.

It's not as if he were lashing out verbally against his own company: his view of Samsung is quite balanced and sensible: They have one of the (potentially, at least) broadest consumer hardware platforms in the industry (from TVs to tablets to phones to fridges), yet their approach to user experience has been more device-centric than platform-centric.

Seems much more thoughtful and smarter than, take for example, Ballmer is at times (judging from public appearances/statements).

Last edited by AppliedMicro; Dec 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
AppliedMicro is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:37 PM   #62
Digital Skunk
macrumors 604

There are only two things I need now.

1.) For Samsung/Google to complete their already dominating ecosystem with more mobile apps that are as solid as the ones that exclusive to iOS.

and

2.) For Apple to get some Samsung and Microsoft employees to help them get a clue when it comes to the cloud and cross platforms.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:42 PM   #63
Thunderhawks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikes View Post
It`s more like S-tunes, S-cloud. Replacing i with S is much easier than trying to find original names.
Got it:

iphone 3GS, 4S and 5S coming.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:45 PM   #64
FasterQuieter
macrumors member

Makes sense. You'd want your chief of strategy to have good taste.
FasterQuieter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:48 PM   #65
nagromme
macrumors G4

Hes right that Samsungs most profitable option is to copy Apple.

Not so sure that iCloud is why we love our Macs and iPads Its a nice thing, but Id instead say I like the software AND hardware. Services? Yes, but honestly, if Apples stores and iCloud were poor, but the app selection were still as good, I wouldnt quite jump ship. Id grumble incessantly, but mostly Im USING apps and media, not buying them. And Id hate to go back to the pre-wireless-synch (iCloud) days, but I still liked my devices back then!

So what I like:
1. OS and apps
2. hardware and services (important but second place)
nagromme is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM   #66
pxbr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishake View Post
My God. This is so Homeland.
i was thinking more family guy....
pxbr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:00 PM   #67
Mr.damien

Quote:
I'm sure many have Samsung TVs or fridges.
Yeah, they wanted to buy SONY TV but they get screwed because the design of Samsung was so close to the SONY's one
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:02 PM   #68
pacalis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpmaven View Post
Actually, I think he's signalling to potential partners that Samsung wants to work with them and that they see their opportunities there.

I know some people here are excited by the fact that he said Apple has a better ecosystem, but he's also clearly saying that in his view Samsung has better devices.

Edit: Found it:

Quote:
Look at your phone [pointing to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus]. It’s a better phone, in my view. It’s a better display. It’s faster. But eventually the connected ecosystem is really critical.
pacalis is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:11 PM   #69
macnerd93
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomfront View Post
Sure you did.
hmm funny that you seem to know so much about me, even down to the devices I use.

Out of sheer curiosity I borrowed my mates Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 for the day to use around Uni. To me it was awful and a totally confusing experience and I also found it quite shockingly laggy compared to my iPad. There wasn't really any good journal entry software what I found either. I use Mac Journal for iPad works wonders for jotting down notes in my seminars and lectures. Then it all syncs to my iMac & MacBook Pro when I get home so I have several constant backups of two years worth of work.

I spent about 10 min with an SIII the day after its launch and went "god I don't like this one bit"

Personally I'm not a fan and don't really care what anyone else uses, but Android is not for me. It might suite others fine, but nah.

Last edited by macnerd93; Dec 13, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
macnerd93 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:19 PM   #70
kdarling
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishamAkhtar View Post
Apple should make an ad.
Bad idea. Samsung could turn around and print Apple SVP of Internet Experience Eddy Cue's internal letter that started them on the road to make the iPad Mini... after he used a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7-inch-cue.png
Views:	72
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	383365

Since then, Cue's star has risen and Minis are selling like hotcakes... possibly even better than its bigger brother.

Smart management looks at what attracts buyers to their competition.
kdarling is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:23 PM   #71
Mystic386
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeejay View Post
In the evening news:

New Strategy Chief to be let go today
Unlikely. If you read the actual article Samsung are wanting to move from copying to innovating. This guy is the right person to do that. Setting up in Silicon Valley is a brilliant move.

Samsung will have it's chequebook out and they'll pick up people.

Interesting times.

Seems they're just doing what the Japanese and Taiwanese have done, copy, grow then lead.

This is sheer brilliance for a strategic move.
Mystic386 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:35 PM   #72
Karma*Police
macrumors 6502

This actually isn't as uncommon as some people might think. I work at a major CE company and we're an Android and Windows OEM but a lot of employees here use Apple gear (mostly for personal use), including some execs.

In fact, I know lots of Apple fans at Google and Microsoft as well. What's unusual is that this exec went on record with this information.
Karma*Police is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:36 PM   #73
turtlez
Banned

At least one good person is working for Samsung.
turtlez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:48 PM   #74
pacalis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic386 View Post
Seems they're just doing what the Japanese and Taiwanese have done, copy, grow then lead.
Also what America did to Europe, though more than a century ago.
pacalis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:49 PM   #75
eleven59
macrumors regular

I also wouldn't be surprised at all if many of the actors in the samsung commercials as well as the production company and crew, use iphones and macbooks. most do in the commercial/film industry
eleven59 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion