Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Did a search and don't think anyone has posted this yet. The iRock rocking chair charges an iPad every time you rock. Great for grandma :D

$1300 though :eek:

http://firstworldneeds.com/ipad-rocking-chair-and-charger/

435x435xiPad-Rocking-Chair-Charger.jpg.pagespeed.ic.tIurNSyXnH.jpg

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
Yeah it's cool the rocking motion will charge the ipad and there are stereo speakers.... but seriously.... it's a wooden rocking chair..... and for $1300????

Munch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Not sure but it comes in different colours! :D Would be really cool to see a review or this thing in action to how it charges.

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
I'm assuming from the wheel's and belts it will charge by rocking. I guess the rocking will move a small turbine generating the electricity. The equivilant of riding a bicycle to turn on lightbulb.

eko91

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
Great Chair

Wow, I've never seen a rocking chair like this before! Not that I have a child or anything, but it is something that might come in handy! But it is on the pricey side. It would be fine if they just had an area that holds the iPad, instead of it having to charge it! You can always move the rocking chair near a wall that has an electric cord plug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.