Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM   #51
gluckett
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
Turnabout is fairplay! ::shrug::
Careful there talking about Apple like that, they may be after you next for using "fairplay" in your post
gluckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM   #52
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
The courts need to stop accepting patent dispute cases by corporations. At this point they're just abusing the court system and patent law.
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM   #53
Mr.damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikus View Post
I'd be fair if Apple had any sense of moral or ethical obligation. This is being very fair considering the amount of horses*it that Apple's thrown at the competition and global community.

Rounded corners? Flat glass surfaces? Slide to unlock?

Was there any fairness from Apple's part or from you or any other macrumors members when Apple bullied a polish online food delivery store named www.a.pl

Was any of that fair? There has been NO place for fairness in Apple's mind in the last 8 years, so this story is directly reflected of what Apple has been doing in the global community.

Don't even bring up fairness when cheering on for a company that doesnt care about you or fairness.
The fairness is that apple created all thoses products AND created the market for mobility while nobody wanted to try it.

If Apple failed with the iPhone, today, Apple -as SJ said- would be banckrupcy because they used all their money to do it.

It's so easy to do like samsung and just wait the others to do all the hard work, and then, once you see it's working, just pop in there and making copy of the products.
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:59 PM   #54
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV View Post
In the end it is killing innovation and the only winners are the lawyers representing the big corps. If in 1976 such craziness existed Jobs and Wozniak would have never got out of their garage.
Exactly, people don't tend to think about this.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:59 PM   #55
hcri50
macrumors newbie

you are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by slffl View Post
So according to the right wing trolls and Google, Apple is bad for suing to protect its patents, but when other companies sue Apple, it's ok. What a bunch of hypocrites.
You can always tell on which side of the fence they are on
hcri50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:00 PM   #56
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.damien View Post
The fairness is that apple created all thoses products AND created the market for mobility while nobody wanted to try it.
I won't say Apple didn't do anything at all, they brought some great ideas to the table. One thing I'm sure as hell they didn't do was create the mobile market.

They popularized it, sure. And they use a ton of other peoples ideas to do so, not just their own.
Renzatic is online now   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:02 PM   #57
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnchar View Post
So one of mobilemediaidea's "ideas" was a "camera phone"? Good lord.
pretty unique idea at the time that is now everywhere....like how multitouch is with smart phones yet apples holds that patent
dukebound85 is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:06 PM   #58
clibinarius
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeagle View Post
It's clear that the only thing you enjoy is taking sides, not fairness.

This is simply a patent troll company. They don't make ANYTHING. Their entire website is about their so-called 'patents', and how to license them from them.

http://www.mobilemediaideas.com/patents.html

Look at all those laughable patents.

If Apple had those, you'd laugh at Apple, talking about how evil they are. But when another company uses these patents, it's ok? If 'Mobile Media Idea' made phones with these patents, okay, but they don't. They're just a patent troll.

Either say all the patents suck, or patents are good - but don't take sides just against Apple. It proves your signature is a joke. Your 'blind worship' is anti-Apple.
Actually, its an agreement between companies.

Look, I'm not saying these patents are great. But a camera phone is obvious IN RETROSPECT (sort of like how people claim Apple's things regarding multitouch are obvious-in retrospect). And companies who share licensing agreements decided to sue a company they didn't think they could get a good agreement from, since Apple notoriously does not like to share patents, and won the case, and the award if ever awarded probably would go right into a patent sharing agreement that should've existed in the first place.

Apple got what they deserved. Getting over a billion because of bounce back, which is far more worthless than a camera phone IMO. The courts will eventually force everyone to have licensing agreements, and we can finally stop reading about this and furthermore, all the people who state fanboyish lies for google and apple may be able to shut up.

Quote:

If Apple failed with the iPhone, today, Apple -as SJ said- would be banckrupcy because they used all their money to do it.

It's so easy to do like samsung and just wait the others to do all the hard work, and then, once you see it's working, just pop in there and making copy of the products.
Wrong. SJ might have said that, but Macs were churning a pretty profit, as were iPods. Apple wouldn't have been the beast it is today, true, but this is just Jobs's hyperbole. The iPhone was worked on long before Apple considered an iPhone, and I don't recall anyone saying if Apple sinks all their money into a product, that's a good idea. Apple came at the right time in the market. They had a pretty package. And they made a lot of money. They didn't take the risk that they're credited as taking-I find it hard to believe even back when it first came out that it would be less successful than the Apple TV in retrospect.
clibinarius is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:06 PM   #59
rjohnstone
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazard View Post
not a patent troll in the traditional sense, since the company is jointly owned by Sony, Nokia, and MPEG LA.
And they actually make things with those patents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebound85 View Post
pretty unique idea at the time that is now everywhere....like how multitouch is with smart phones yet apples holds that patent
What patent are you referring too? There is no "Multitouch patent".
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:07 PM   #60
wikus
Banned

Quote:
Apple DID NOT invent rounded corners.
Apple DID NOT invent flat glass surfaces.
Apple DID NOT invent slide-to-unlock.

Apple didn't create the market either. It added to it and popularized it. Holy crap, I can't believe some people actually think Apple invented all this stuff including 'the market'.
wikus is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:09 PM   #61
BaldiMac
macrumors 604

Quote:
Apple DID NOT invent rounded corners.
Apple DID NOT invent flat glass surfaces.
Apple DID NOT invent slide-to-unlock.
Apple DID NOT patent rounded corners.
Apple DID NOT patent flat glass surfaces.
Apple DID NOT patent slide-to-unlock.

Holy crap, I can't believe some people actually think Apple patented all this stuff after years of discussion.
BaldiMac is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:09 PM   #62
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
I can't believe some people actually think Apple invented all this stuff including 'the market'.
Before I bought my iPhone, all I had was a stick and a bucket of chewed gum to communicate with. Apple changed everything for me.
Renzatic is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:11 PM   #63
rjohnstone
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
Before I bought my iPhone, all I had was a stick and a bucket of chewed gum to communicate with. Apple changed everything for me.
You had a stick too?!?
So jealous.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:11 PM   #64
OceanView
macrumors 65816

Full Circle, Full Circle

"good artists copy, great artists steal, and we have, you know, always been shameless about stealing great ideas". Steve Jobs - 1996 interview.
OceanView is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:11 PM   #65
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohnstone View Post
You had a stick too?!?
So jealous.
I'm pretty rich, yeah.
Renzatic is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:12 PM   #66
phillipduran
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteMann View Post
Hopefully people will come to realize how companies have and must take ideas from other companies in order for the hardware and software to advance. .
Another approach would be to not allow patents for minor things. Set a higher bar for granting ownership to ideas and inventions.

Swiping a touchscreen a certain way should not be awarded a patent. Inventing a new type of multi touch technology, sure. Saving pictures and emailing them from a phone, no. Making all the circuitry and hardware for a device that can take pictures and email, sure.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:13 PM   #67
wikus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldiMac View Post

Holy crap, I can't believe some people actually think Apple patented all this stuff after years of discussion.
Really? Wow, thank you for that wonderful post, further proving my point against his argument.
wikus is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:16 PM   #68
samcraig
macrumors G5

Quote:

You really can't believe it? Welcome to my world I am in constant awe at al the crap that people believe either through lack of research of their own or believing everything they've read on a forum or been told while waiting in line at the Apple store...
samcraig is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:17 PM   #69
Sacird
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
Totally smartphones changed my life. The iPhone let me communicate with people finally. Android is so advanced I can communicate with space aliens and other galaxies. It's called the Galaxy for a reason. Apple opened the door though clearly for Android to eventually break that tricky faster than light barrier, apparently the Galaxy s4 killer feature is you put it in your car and can travel through space at 1 billion light years per hour.

Impressive tech and you can multitask while doing it and send those important attachments, any kind you want. Apple will copy this tech and claim they created it but it won't be till 2015.
Sacird is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:17 PM   #70
ufwa
macrumors regular

Quote:

I think they did.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/10/3...unlock-feature
ufwa is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:18 PM   #71
lcmazza
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to lcmazza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye206 View Post
Comments like this are so childish. Really?

Sooooo tired of the anti-Apple, they are so evil junk.
This is childish.
lcmazza is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:18 PM   #72
johncrab
macrumors 6502

It is impossible to fart these days without someone claiming a patent is being infringed. Yet these "someones" are always huge corporations. The individual who invented a technique or technology is usually long gone, drummed out of the company through layoff, forced retirement, etc. and gets nothing, usually not even his pension for the work he did.
johncrab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:20 PM   #73
Sacird
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV View Post
In the end it is killing innovation and the only winners are the lawyers representing the big corps. If in 1976 such craziness existed Jobs and Wozniak would have never got out of their garage.
That is true, it is like handcuffs for a lot of company's trying to get up and running.

Sorry mods I thought this would merge with my other post. *sad face*
Sacird is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:20 PM   #74
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiapple View Post
He (Wikus) has been on my ignore list for a long time.
Wow. Did you really need to post that?
dalbir4444 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:26 PM   #75
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacird View Post
...apparently the Galaxy s4 killer feature is you put it in your car and can travel through space at 1 billion light years per hour.
That's not true at all. My friend has an uncle who works for Samsung, and he got to play with a prototype Galaxy S4.

...thing didn't even top out at 100,000 miles per second. We couldn't even reach Mars in time for dinner.

But hey, that's Samesuck for you. Overpromising and underdelivering.
Renzatic is online now   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion