Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RandomHavoc

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Okay, so I've been using Pages for a couple years now and can use it pretty well, but I need to be able to do something for work. I make a lot of flyers by putting Pages in landscape and then putting an identical thing on each half of the page, but that's getting to be irritating to do over and over (copy and paste this graphic, copy and paste this text block, etc etc).
Any of you folks know an easier way to do what I'm trying to do? I basically want to be able to do half the page and have it print identically on the other half too. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

iLuvMyMacToo

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Australia
Click on the item and hold the option key then drag to the other side.

You can also do this for everything at once by clicking on one item then hit command A to select all, then hold hold down the option key and drag over

RandomHavoc

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Click on the item and hold the option key then drag to the other side.

You can also do this for everything at once by clicking on one item then hit command A to select all, then hold hold down the option key and drag over

holy crap that's gonna save me a lotta time! Thank you!

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Or .... select all, then "Group" (found in top menu).... then "copy" and "paste"....

Or, I think there is a way to do it in the print dialogue... one of the options is "layout" if memory serves, and it allows you to specify printing something more than once on a page. May be a bit more fidgety to set up since you are dealing with a page sizes, and what not, to get it right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.